• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

trauma programs more trauma, and resolving it with ego dissolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read this whole thread and as someone who earns a living doing gritty unglamorous medicine all over the world, I would like to respond to two points.

One, there is a physiologic definition of stress that is common to all animals from humans to zebra fish: circulating catecholamines and steroid hormones induce profound effects on the body at multiple different levels both acutely and chronically.

Two, those indigenous people that seem so healthy, not so, they and their children struggle with worms, dengue, malaria,, peripartum deaths, malnutrition and the list goes on. Girls get forced into marriage and women put up with being treated like property. After years in the field, I have had it with the "noble savage"concept.

I love sci-fi but this is real life with real consequences, it really doesn't matter if we are all ants in a science experiment. Life still hurts.

I worry, as others have pointed out, that ego dissolution may actually be suicidal ideation and not some Carlos Castaneda psychedelic enlightenment trip.

Yes I love this. Ego dissolution is fine actually? People freak (Christians especially) if you say "don't fight back" which I actually believe is what Christ taught but yes people get really upset and will attack you.

I think it's funny when you talk peace they come at you with war. But in my mind it's an action thing. You just do it. If you don't talk to people they don't get as mad at you lol!

Ego dissolution is a great goal, I'm happy when I can keep my mouth shut lolololol!

I haven't read all the responses but this is in my wheelhouse.

Trauma has a certain energy signature.

I mean, I am an empath and if I am not using great boundaries talking to someone I can feel whether they have been sexually abused as a child. I hear the signal of it between their words.

So basically it can "follow you" because it has imprinted on your soul or psyche. You need deep subconscious work to smooth those rough edges out. It can create ruts in our belief systems that we have to actively change. Very small children are pure unconscious, next builds the subconscious, and you aren't really building the conscious mind until age 8 or so. Most of our healing work is designed to land on the conscious level.

You've got to get into the subconscious and unconscious to change the energy signature and even if you heal, it isn't necessarily going to be pristine like the energy of a soul that never experienced adversity.

There's some stuff about karma too but hard to talk about.

And beliefs are very powerful. I would say much more so if you're awake to things like Tolle and escaping the matrix and all that woo.

Anyway. Great topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back