• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Us politics - read first post before comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm. kumbaya. And the left and right coasts have aroused the ire of most all now. Your own optics are appalling even to the independents. Slit your own throats and demonstrate the cray cray crazy for the fly over America peeps... we are watching and have had about enough.

Why separate ourselves and blame the other party?
The actual answer to that, I think, it's that it's a tactic that's used to manipulate people. You turn things into "us against them" and encourage people not to think. It's part of the same version of "politics" that makes use the idea that, if you tell a lie loud enough and long enough, a lot of people will start to believe it's true.

Not just politics, I guess, the same things can happen in families, or pretty much any time two or more people are gathered together.

The actual answer to that, I think, it's that it's a tactic that's used to manipulate people. You turn things into "us against them" and encourage people not to think. It's part of the same version of "politics" that makes use the idea that, if you tell a lie loud enough and long enough, a lot of people will start to believe it's true.

Not just politics, I guess, the same things can happen in families, or pretty much any time two or more people are gathered together.
I think the perfect example of that is when Trump (on 60 Minutes) said that he needed to mock Ford at the ralley so that “‘we’ could win.” He obviously saw all of this as a political game and his side won. You saw the support shown to Ford on both sides at first and the president spoke loud enough and often enough that good people that I know turned off the empathy they were originally showing and turned it around to calling her a fake and a liar. It’s like no one knows how to think for themselves anymore.

My therapist had to strongly recommend, for my own health, not to engage in discussions with black and white thinkers due to control triggers. It’s really hard to be politically in the middle right now. It causes 1/2 of your friends to hate your other 1/2. I don’t even feel comfortable placing a political sign in my yard. My Facebook Page was becoming a battleground so I stopped posting.

@blackemerald1 , that's partly what I'm talking about. Sometimes I think it just happens naturally, because people are people. Sometimes...

You know there are people out there who study this stuff, right? They figure out how to manipulate and motivate people and they use it to accomplish their goals. Like most things, I guess it could be used for good or for evil. It always makes my ears perk up when I hear (or read) someone trying to sort the population into them & us. Makes me wonder about their motives and what is it they don't want me think about.

I know, in my own family, I've been labeled "the selfish bastard" etc & I think that's more because suited someone's purposes than because it's accurate. And, i guess, perhaps I've recently been named as a member of an irrational mob. (I think I prefer that to being "one of them" LOL)

I'd kind of like to know what the end game is. What's Trump's vision of the perfect USA? What's Mitch McConnell's? A country with a wall around it? A place where you must get rich or die? A place where there's no room for decent and differing opinions? I haven't been able to get a clear picture and I wonder there's a place for those of "us" that aren't "them".

You know there mustn't be much going on to report about..... loud laughing out loud!!

I shut down an entire government department for about two days by doing something weird in a training course when we were 'live' on the server. Lol They never could work out how I did it and neither could I...

They did say I could do anything I liked within the program and it wouldn't hurt lol...

That was the end of training for us for a while... :wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back