• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

You Know You Have PTSD When...

When you're watching tv with your mom and your brother and out of the blue your brother starts talking about a celebrity who recently spoke about being sexually abused as a child. And your heart starts pounding and your breathing gets fast and shallow and you feel anxious and nervous and you feel like you want to run out of the room.

When you have insomnia and you toss and turn until almost 5am and then wake up at about 10:45am.

:bag: When someone (innocently) lists your trauma as a point of similarity between you & another guest as a party... & it doesn’t have the social lubricant they seem to have expected.

((Not the trauma I’m speaking of, but no good host(ess) on the planet would introduce people by saying they Susie! Jo! Yo both have dead children. Talk amongst yourselves! ...so it really was an innoncent mistake. But man oh man oh man... ))

<.< When it takes you a little over a year to post about that because it’s still embarrassing as f*ck how :speechless: and gotta go now! You went over that.

When you’re tired means you want to die... so you can’t sleep, because there’s no way in hell youre done fighting to live... which. makes. no. goddamn. sense. :banghead: Brain! Sleep. Actual honest to god sleep. is. not. giving. up. Sleep when you’re tired. That’s the right thing to do. FFS. It’s like wires have been perm crossed by some idiot too cheap to hire an electrician, and too stupid to open a book.

Just because you want to lay down and sleep, doesn’t mean you have to fight to stay awake. Really.

When...

Nope, switching to warzone mindsets calms you down. So it's just unnerving people you don't want to unnerve. I notice everyone, coming and going, how didn't I notice -you-? ... Sorry, buddy. I came in for a coffee, somewhere-in-Latin-America.

Current time. Current place. Cannot do. :speechless:

Back