• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

You Know You Have PTSD When...

when you see accidents in the rear view mirror, but way way way back because you know whats going on back there, you were trying to keep tabs on like 30 other drivers on the freeway
Sorry I just found this forum. But like I do this lmfao constantly. I can’t believe like that is a symptom of this shit

When you put bread in the toaster, walk away to get a drink, and then scream when the toast pops up and startles you.

When you make toast the next time, proceed to give yourself a pep talk reminding yourself that the toast will pop, turn around to get your drink, and still scream when the toast pops.

When you make toast again the next time, and decide to literally stand there and watch the toaster while repeating over and over that the toast will pop. Then the toast pops and scares you anyway because even within that couple minutes you started dissociating.

When you put bread in the toaster, walk away to get a drink, and then scream when the toast pops up and startles you.

When you make toast the next time, proceed to give yourself a pep talk reminding yourself that the toast will pop, turn around to get your drink, and still scream when the toast pops.

When you make toast again the next time, and decide to literally stand there and watch the toaster while repeating over and over that the toast will pop. Then the toast pops and scares you anyway because even within that couple minutes you started dissociating.
Yep. It’s funny cause it’s true.

When insomnia hits and you haven't slept in three days...
- Night 1: tossing and turning, thinking you're gonna sleep
- Night 2: angry, knowing you could just get up cuz this is probably a losing battle
- Night 3: just super content to lie there in the dark listening to the wind, resting. Getting up, eating something, doing something, going back to lie down, and getting super excited to be able to go back to bed 😂. Can't sleep, smoke a joint, try again. Can't sleep, pet the cat, try again. No point in entering the torment if I can help it... cuz when that torment is there, it's fking REAL.

You get drunk… and apply for half a dozen jobs, clean your house, and pay bills. >.<

Okay, self. CLEARLY your stress levels are maxing out if that is what you wake up to “regret” in the morning. Oh. I was all functional, and shit, yesterday.

Regret is in quotes, but seriously, to wake up going…. Noooooo… I can’t DO what I just committed myself to doing. Change?!? More (anything)?!? People, interviews, paperwork, following through, f*ck off, bite me, no. Rock. And crawling under. And, no no no no noooooo. Why did I DO those things?!? Now I have to do more things. Aaaaaaaaaaah. f*ckf*ckf*ckf*ck.

Last edited:
Back