• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I've Decided!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melp283

Confident
When I was a child, drawing and painting were my escape from everything, and one of my healthier coping practices. Since college I've hardly done any artwork, no time or motivation. Been too stressed and too busy :(

But now I've decided!

I make time for the internet (not always healthy for me), I can make time for painting. I miss it so much, and my T believes it will have the same stress relieving effect now as it did when I was younger.

Tomorrow morning, I am going to the store and buying everything I need to paint! I'm going to make about 6 pieces for my husband to sell at his upcoming art festival in May :)

Wish me luck!

Yay! Have fun! I've sold some artwork but I don't make that my goal because I have to be okay experimenting, playing, and messing up sometimes. The process is all mine. Artwork is a great way to feel present, connected, and also a great way to express ourselves. If I don't like a painting, I step away for a while or paint over it later. It's where I'm patient. The process is very calming and centering.

Awesome! I'm so glad that you are doing that for yourself. Art is very therapeutic. 6 pieces is perfect timing for the summer. It'll keep you motivated to keep going. I, too have an internet problem....hehe.

I am still blocked about art as a creative outlet. But I did challenge myself to do a self portrait once a while ago. Didn't share it because when my mister saw it he didn't think it was representative of how I really am... but when I held it up next to myself in front of the mirror (only a neck up drawing in pencil)... well I did. So I decided to table it for a while and try it again at some other time. My self image apparently still pretty much sucks.

One down :) it felt wonderful :D
I'm so happy that there are others who have this outlet on here as well. I'd love to see everyone's projects (even the stick figures :p)
Thanks everyone for the support! This truly is an amazing community we have here <3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 155
Eyes are my go to when I haven't painted in a while. Your painting looks great! I'm anxious to see others that you crank out.

I'm like albatross in that I haven't painted in a while. Hopefully I'll get through the block and be more productive soon.

Work, paint, work, paint, love love love! I've completed 6 pieces already :D It's like my brain is exploding with ideas...I even had trouble sleeping last night for all the paintings floating around my brain...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 105
My sister is an artist. Always creating. It helps her get through some of life's toughest moments. I am glad you found this and it is working for you! Beautiful work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back