Added stress from neighbours wanting to keep chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.

brat17

MyPTSD Pro
Whirlwind I am so sorry you had to go through all of this. When it comes to our pets, they have really crossed a line. I am glad they made them put up $500 before getting any legal attention. That changes the game for them. Its just a shame when you live in the same house for 25 yrs w/o any issues with neighbors.

It takes up a lot of head space and time to try to aggravate your neighbors. I dont think they have the time or energy to keep up with this...but I could be wrong. However, I refuse to retaliate and keep this going in any way. My adult daughter said that I should expect them to make complaints when summer comes and we have company, for anything, like noise violation. I think she is probably right.

I still feel the tension, that for me is part of my whole ptsd thing. I dont mind a good debate but dont like to fight with people. But your words have been comforting. When people act like they dont understand the issue, it almost feels like gaslighting (I realize its not). It makes me think "Am I crazy here" and I have to remind myself that I dont know anyone who would actually want this that is in our position. Some validation is good although I know that if I were healthier I would not need it. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.