1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Back to back panic attacks due to needing a car & no way to pay for it

Discussion in 'Anxiety, Panic & Hypervigilance' started by lostforgottensoul, May 4, 2018.

1. lostforgottensoul

lostforgottensoul I'm a VIP Premium Member Sponsor $100+

Yeah, but planning what though? There really isn't a lot I can do but budget tight and hold on. I'm thinking of taking time off to clean the house and maybe do that with 8 or 10 hrs on MTurk so I get paid for two things as with 8 or 10 hrs straight on MTurk I can make quiet a bit but theres not a ton I can do.

To answer your question I do have accured personal (which doesn't roll over), sick and vacation accured this year and all last year. I don't know exactly how many days it is total as I haven't looked lately but it is more then a day. I think 80 hrs of vacation rolled over but again, would have to look.

Fadeaway likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. DharmaGirl

DharmaGirl Crazy Chicken Lady Donated

What about advertising for a roommate and taking half off the first month's rent if they help you clean? Lots of people don't have move in fees, so that might generate some interest.

lostforgottensoul likes this.
  4. lostforgottensoul

Hmmmm @DharmaGirl, that's an intresting idea. You think people will want to do that? I'm worried about them thinking that since it got this bad once it'll happen again. Not sure how to advertise it where I'm advising how it got this bad. Or if I should advise how it got this bad? It's not just a messy house. It's a disgusting, unhealthy, house. I have gotten a lot cleaned. I cleaned my bathroom top to bottom last night after I did MTurk for an hour. The tub, toliet, sink, floor swept and scrubbed, and bath mat washed and dried. I'm still, the morning after, in so much pain because I did that but Im so proud and it feels so good to walk into a clean bathroom. But the apartment as a whole is still disgusting. You think if I advise "physically disabled" with the ad, it would attract more people or do you think I should leave that out? I just don't want to scare away people by them thinking I won't keep up my part of cleaning because it looks like this now. But would "physically disabled" also scare them away? I'm not sure if I'm making sense.

whiteraven and DharmaGirl like this.
  5. AliciaEff

AliciaEff Active Member

Okay, take a breath. I am super busy this week, but I want to help you with this.

A few things come to mind for me- one is television shows. They have shows for hoarders where they go in and clean their house, maybe that exists on a smaller level for you? I know that you don’t want to appear on your youtube channel, I’m not trying to push you to do something uncomfortable, I just don’t want to leave out a suggestion just because I think you might not like it.

Facebook sharing groups, or Simbi- there are websites online for people who share and barter instead of buying. Simbi might work for you if enough people in your area use it, but you might also have a local facebook group for things like ride shares or home cleaning. The way Simbi works is you sign up to the web service and post soem sort of product or service you can offer, then ask for what you want in exchange. So you could post the paracord skill you have (sorry I don’t know what this is) and mention that you need help cleaning and help with your car. Then people who are willing to help you clean will say “I will offer 3 hours of cleaning help for x” and there is no need for exchange of money.

Crowdfunding- I know it’s not everyone’s ideal, but there are many different sites to go to to just ask for money. Especially in the states where the government doesn’t do its own crowdfunding (taxes).

This week I will take some time to google some things in Orlando and let you know what comes up. Please private message me or I might forget (sorry).

You are not alone. You are not whiny. You know what you need from life and what you are capable of doing. If you’ve run out of options that came to your mind, then I’ll give you some options that come to mine. We’re going to get through this, okay?

Also, the more I think about it, the more a bartering service seems to be our best bet. Let me know what you think of that idea.

6. DharmaGirl

I would say physically disabled and maybe go so far as having them do the cleaning in the future for half rent. It gives you some more money, and helps someone else too. I live in a hippie state, so you see a lot of that stuff. Some people advertise on Rooster or Craigslist just asking for help with it. I understand though, I'm slowly getting my house into better shape, since I am also physically disabled. I can't work a job, but I grow a lot of my own food and raise chickens. That helps. I know where you are coming from, believe me. There is only so much one person can do.

I have been donating a lot of stuff to Goodwill, just to clear up space in the house. It is so refreshing to have it gone, I tend to keep it neater. Good luck with what you decide to do.

7. lostforgottensoul

No def not. I would say that having to start all over with nothing several times in my life has caused me to save a bit more stuff then what I have in the past. And then I have a lot of left over (over flowing) PC parts (probably enough for 5 fully built PCs from scrap plus a few extra monitors, keyboards, and mice or whatever) but one note that you see on those shows. Every hoarder has a very hard time letting go of stuff. That's not the case here. All the stuff actually makes me feel closed in, not better. And I would love to throw it all out and start over. I have zero issue with getting rid of most of it. I just would rather sell it then give it away at this point. But am trying to organize a keep box and a (which will turn into many) sell box. Then can organize what I'm keeping. It really is the result of physical disability. Not able to clean and organize, put things in my closet (the walk in dumping ground) to make room for some others and put those other's things in there then they left without it all and it just became impossible to keep organized and clean. Stuff people gave me went in there (as I do have trouble turning down gifts even if I don't want it or can't use it or already have it). A rod on one side of the closet came down (and I have my pretty expensive Kansas coats in there which adds heaviness and bulk. I do have space bags but have to dig to get to it at this point).

Anyway, my point is, it's def not a hoarder situation. I do think starting over so many times scared me a bit and so I tend to hold onto things when I really shouldn't but I have zero trouble getting rid of it all. Also, hoarders generally don't see it as a problem. Or minimize the heck out of it. I'm not doing that. I know how bad it is.

Parashoot cord. It's used a lot with outdoors men and I believe even military but def outdoors men. It's woven in a way that it can be worn as a bracelet (or a belt or a handle for a bag or many other things) but comes apart super easy then you have one or two 8 feet cords (depends on the weave. Wider weave uses more cord so if you unweave it it's a much longer cord) and then that can be used to tie up a shelter, as shoe laces, really anything. The bracelet is called a survival bracelet though mostly it's just a fasion statement in most cases. It's just what's in.

It's become a popular craft for kids but I got into it (as most service dog handlers do or buy them premade) to make a pull strap which is a handle on my service dog's custom vest that's custom made to be perfect for him to pull me. Pull me in a wheelchair, pull me up, counter balance to steady me (if I start falling to the right he leans to the left to balance me out and visa versa), for foward mometum (pulling a bit foward in his vest which helps me walk further then without it). But it's a strap with a swivel clip on each end (a clip like on the end of a dog leash) to clip it to the D Rings on his vest.

IMG_20180302_220014.jpg

Most handlers will make or buy a hands free leash that has several D rings on it to allow it to be worn crossways or even clipped around the wrist.

Though I do have to make paracord woven items for personal use, i enjoy paracord weaving and it's a thing thats in right now. Even on Amazon there are sellers on there and though I'm limited to 4 colors and the amount of spare paracord right now, it's something I enjoy doing so if I can find a way to start selling a few items, I can maybe get it off the ground. The people that are the best sellers of vests and patches for service dogs are service dog handlers themself and it grew into this huge business but they had to start somewhere. Service dog gear isn't cheap so if I can make unique things not found elsewhere (as so many are selling paracord gear) then I think I could get it off the ground.

Huh, that's intresting. Is it for things or for a skill? Like do they say I want XYZ or do they say I want your services of XYZ? Or both? I'll check it out.

Fiver is a good place to capitalize on skills you have and make money from it. You place your skill on the site and charge a certian amount of money and then anyone else can come on and hire you for said skill and then its on. But, not sure if my half assed knowledge in IT (some of this and some of that but no whole of anything as I was dabbling in everything trying to find my place in IT and what I loved. IT is a huge umbrella of things and areas and there's a million roads inside of "IT". I did find my love for Network Administration but that caused half way knowledge in a ton of things and not full knowledge in a few so I can't seem to capitalize on that due to that reason but am studying for my CCNA cert and so trying to become fully knowledgeable in at least Network Admin so hopefully I can one day) or in art or photography. I'm an artist but it def is hard to make money as an artist which is where the saying "starving artist" came from and it's totally true. Unless you have a certian artistic skill that many people will want like tatoo artist, book covers, CD covers, illistration in books, etc then it seems to be useless. As a photographer you need all the lighting and camera equipment and I don't have that. I only have one 1990s manual camera that takes film. And there is so much competition on there that I've never been able to do much as an artist and photographer. You can sell photos on stockphoto so lookong into that. That way I don't have to do pieces by demand but rather sell a piece once I've created it. Ebay doesn't care for my pieces. Tried that a long time ago.

Skillshare is another good site where you are teaching a skill on video organized into a class and people pay a monthly fee to be able to take any classes they want and how many they want and you get a cut of that fee and I believe a referal type bonus when you refer people to sign up. But, would be forced to be on video and that's not something I'm willing to do at this point. Plus teaching isn't my thing.

Tried that to ask help getting a mobility harness for my service dog in training and couldn't get it off the ground and ended up with $0. It's easier if my youtube channel was a bit more popular. Can try again. I do have double the subs and the video where I asked for help in the title has like 1.1K views now I believe. So, will try again. That's hard for me as it feels like begging but at this point I don't much care as I'm pretty desperate.

Thank you!

Yeah, it's a great idea. Will need to see what that's about and what they barter. Like is it for stuff or for services? I have stuff. Like I want to get rid of one of my couches and my desk and desk chair for instance. Service I'm not so plentiful on. I'm not sure people would pay for half assed knowledge of IT, an artist that can't seem to get into the zone to produce pieces, and a photographer without equipment. But, will need to check it out.

Thank you for the help!

Hmmm! It's a great idea. I was thinking too, this high rent is all over the Orlando area. Everyone is affected. I'm positive there are other singles that are struggling to pay bills too just because the rent is sky high and help is so far out of reach for the abled body that makes $10 - $15 an hour. With all utilities, cable with all premium channels, internet with free wifi an an ethernet cord, I think I can rent that small room for $500 or $600 a month. So, asking someone to help clean for $250 to $300 a month instead would def help. My dad was paying $400 a month. But anything will help! I'm just so worried about my rent going up twice in a year making the rent to income gap that much bigger and needing to income qualify again once the roommate decided to move and not being able to income qualify scares the f*ck out of me. I almost ended up homeless when my dad left for that reason and now I'm absolutely terrified now to change the lease again. So, I'm only dragging my feet on this for that reason. Im not unwilling to live with a stranger. That scares me too but I can move that fear aside. Being scared to change the the lease again is what scares me the most. But im not sure I have much of a choice. Which really pisses me off that i cant find any other option. But, will look on roommates.com and Criags List and see if I can put together some sort of ad. And I need to make up a roommate contract as well. I need to find a way to cover myself as my last roommates skimped every month on rent and ended up owing me over a grand and never paid it. Since im the one paying all the bills and the rent I need a way to hold them accountable to paying rent so they can't take advantage like that.

I dont mind donating at all. I just would rather sell the stuff and make some money on it if I can. But will donate it if I can't sell it. My dad said I can have a garage sale at his place but that he doesn't have really any front lawn and says the street isn't large enough for 2 cars to go down it. He isn't keen on driving more then he needs to (so likely won't want to pick me up to go to his place then drop me off back home and drive back to his place) and I dont want to push my car and drive 45 mins there and 45 mins back if I dont absolutely have to but i cant get my dad to take a picture and send it to me. Maybe my step mom can. I want to try to make that work of I can.

I also wanted to post this: Meal Planning 101 / How to Meal Plan for beginners for others that also stuggle with meal planning. It's about the best most simple laid out video I have seen on how to meal plan. I started a private playlist on youtube for meal planning, grocery shopping on a budget for meal planning, and cheap receipies. So, I'm trying really hard to learn how to meal plan, buy foods for meals, and cut my grocery budget hopefully in half. If I can cut it in half that's $100 a month right there.

I also have finally found something on MTurk that I can do while at work that can start to add up fast and be worth doing. Batch work. I figured out what I could do at the end of the day yesterday so haven't seen the reward for that yet but it is a mindless thing I can do between calls or even while on a call (though I would rather not do it while on a call). Most make a few hundred a month on MTurk but getting started is rough. But I think I have found that thing that I can turn into some good solid cash for myself. So, we'll see. Also the more HITs you do the more higher paying HITs will be available. So instead of 4 cents each I can make $1 or $2 each. That is how most make that much on there but you have to get your HIT count up first. So its a bit rough at first. But I finally found something that's always available and that can help me get a hundred or so HITs in a day rather then 20 (which has been the most I could do so far in a day). So, we'll see. But I'm trying really hard and wanted ya'll to know that I am taking your advise and I am listening.

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 8:31 AM
    AliciaEff likes this.
  8. DharmaGirl

If your neighborhood has Nextdoor.com, that's a place for barters and selling. Also Rooster.com. Everything is "free", but there are lots of barters. I'm always looking for things to do for extra cash. I redid 3 dressers, to sell, all of them free, then decided to keep them since I liked them so much, lol.

lostforgottensoul and AliciaEff like this.
  9. lostforgottensoul

Thank you @DharmaGirl! That's very helpful! I once got all my furniture in Kansas for free then sold it all when I moved. So I know people will pay for things you got for free as it is. They don't know you got it for free lol.

AliciaEff likes this.
  10. joeylittle

joeylittle ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ All howl, no bite Administrator Generous $250+

Just put it up on Craigslist. You’ll have to photograph the stuff but no-one expects great photos. Trying to make the whole garage sale thing work sounds like more trouble than it’s worth.

For the electronics, you can also look under items wanted. Some places will pay by the pound.

And donations to a licensed charity are often tax deductible in the US, so if you go the picked-up-by-salvation-army route, it’s not a total financial waste. Just ask for a receipt.

DharmaGirl and lostforgottensoul like this.
  11. lostforgottensoul

Yeah, thank you! I think I will cause just trying to find a place to sell it all is stressful all on its own. My therapist said that a garage sale is 10 steps and giving the stuff away is 3. He said that you usually will take the 3 steps or nothing. The 10 steps is too much. He's right but gosh, I just feel like if its just 10 bucks here or there or even a few bucks here or there would be worth it. I could use those few bucks. You know? But I'm not againgst throwing it all in the dumpster and really close to doing that anyway.

DharmaGirl likes this.
  12. LuckiLee

LuckiLee I'm a VIP

This may sound like more work but a friend of mine used to buy things at resale shops and sell it on eBay or Craigslist. She always made a profit.

DharmaGirl and lostforgottensoul like this.
  13. lostforgottensoul

Well, @LuckiLee, there is a VERY popular at home "business" or job called dropshipping (I've done massive reasearch and digging when it comes to ways to make money online). Basiclly it's the same except instead of going shopping and physiclly storing the inventory it's purchased online except instead of having it shipped to you, you have it shipped to the ebay buyer. Basiclly you are buying lower online elsewhere and selling it on ebay for more. And apparently most people don't price research as many are buying and not caring. The only issue with either idea (physiclly buying, storing, and shippping product or dropshipping) is there is money needed upfront to buy the first set of inventory and there is a waiting period for the person to purchase and then for dropshipping a hold by paypal for I believe 30 or 90 days. That money is out of your hand for at least a month if not 3.

So, it takes some doing for either thing to happen and that's money that I sadly don't have to put up front. I simply cannot squeeze any tighter. Other then meal planning and reducing my grocery budget (which im working on meal planning right now. Or learning how to) but I'm already living on about $80, maybe the highest of $100, a month for groceries so I'm not sure how much tighter it can go. It can go tighter but not by that much. If it weren't for my car tag renewal this month I would have about $30 saved off of my orginal hard cold budget. So, that's good. It's coming from my grocery budget and trying my best to reduce it. Doing my best anyway. I'm trying to find as many receipts as I can for rice, beans, fruits and veggies. Some meat here or there but meat is more expensive.

Anyway, if anyone knows of any good and very cheap receipts that don't take much time preparing and cooking shoot them my way! I can only sit on the stool in my kitchen preparing and/or cooking for about 30 mins before my legs go numb and my back gives out. So, under that in preparing and cooking or preparing one day and cooking another. My dad said he's giving me a small crock pot next week so I'm really hoping that helps me a lot with cooking.

Show Sidebar