• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Cognitive Distortions - TEAM CBT- David Burns' Podcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
These were touching as it showed the technqiues of TEAM but it also demonstrated how love goes between a Father and a son. I wish I had had a Father like that. To have moments which weren't of such terror, would have made such a difference.

It was also interesting how someone with good enough parenting is able to transcend or deal with their issues, as there is enough inside of them. I found that interesting. I am doing a Bringing Loving Presence meditation which is meant to heal childhood trauma and also RAIN as well. It is giving me just a little bit more space, where I can pause rather than react. I can also see how I got caught up in the things that I got stuck in. They show my greatest strengths. My ethics and I didn't give them up even with 15 years of the abusive psychologist that really tried to destroy me.

Finished this one:

Finished this one:

Last edited:
I have listened to this one before, a couple of times, and it really hit home today - how to listen and how to reflect that back. Even if what someone is saying is unreasonable or out of my mindset (and I am not talking about abusive people here, I am talking about normal communication challenges) how you can find that kernel of truth in what someone is saying and reflect back that I heard them. Being able to do the Thought Empathy and the Feeling Empathy. I can see how not getting that really hurt me as well. How not being heard as a child was really painful and made me split myself off in so many ways.

There was a person called Stirling and he was really good with empathy and that is a really amazing how he did that.

Last edited:
@Movingforward10 I really loved this podcast!

David Burns talks about his app and puts the call out for beta testers, programmers, social networking folks, media and promotions folks at the beginning of this podcast. Wow! This could be something!

His Buddhist jokes are hilarious.

The discussion of the self and no self is really interesting and got me thinking in different ways about things.

This is where you go to click on the link to sign up to be a beta tester.

Please pass this on to any one that might possibly be interested who has anxiety, depression, PTSD etc. They want responses from real folks like this. This could really be an amazing tool for many people who can't access high quality therapy. It could be a real game changer for so many people.

I listened to this one. It's great! The show notes on David Burns' website are worth reading if it is a topic that resonates with you.

Now listening to this one...

Such an amazing set of resources that are freely available on David Burns' website and on YouTube.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back