• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Doctor's Appointment Changed His Mood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen

MyPTSD Pro
Hi things have been going really well for the last week with hubby and I we had a talk last week just to clear the air about a few things and it seemed to help!
Well he went and saw his Pysch yesterday and he came and saw me at work and said the Doc was happy with him but I could tell by his mood he was not great?
Even last night the poor little dog got a whack for peeing inside he was so cranky over this!
When I got home the dog was cowering outside I picked her up and put her in my room for the night!
I hope he has settled today as things were ok for a while?
Jen

In general I have always found Alex's mood to change after seeing his psyche. Usually not for the better either. IN fact, usually he is not angry at the psyche or himself but at me- like I gave him th ptsd and it's my fault he has to see a psyche. Althouh sometimes he does act overly loving and caring; I guess I am just trying to say that we have all been there to. Try to ignore it as best as possible however, don't let it become a problem for you. My thoughts are with you

Yes Jen we have experienced the same with Evie as well. As Tammy says, not necessarily anger but definitely a mood change. I don't believe it's easy for anyone to go to a doctor or therapist, and in someone with PTSD it can be most difficult. I know Evie has anxiety and gets triggered. Not to mention if the psych is doing therapy with your husband, he may well feel out of sorts afterwards, though that is a good thing. That may sound odd to say, but it indicates he is working on his issues.

Yes, we go to the therapist, psych, or doctor and come home and that's when all the work begins. Mood changes indicate work is actually happening. The hard work is always done in between appointments. I know we aren't easy to live with..

bec

Yes, we go to the therapist, psych, or doctor and come home and that's when all the work begins. Mood changes indicate work is actually happening. The hard work is always done in between appointments. I know we aren't easy to live with..

bec
Thats an understatement Bec!:rofl:
Its hard for me not to arc up and have an argument with him when he has these mood changes but I know if I upset him he will get depressed and we cant afford for that to happen!
When he asks me why do I have the shits I usually say no I am ok? When I want to say a lot of things to him why I do have the shits ( HIM) which would not be a good idea!
Jen

I am well aware of the feeling of not wanting to upset them and of telling them you are ok when in fact you could yell and scream at them for not seeing what they are doing to us. Well that's how I feel anyway. It is just so much easier to bite my tongue and pretend I am fine... Sorry I can't be of more help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back