• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Favorite self-help resources

What are your favorite self-help resources?

• Books

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Videos

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Websites

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Workbooks

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteraven

MyPTSD Pro
I am writing a self-help book on depression and have included an extensive resource list at the end. The book is near completion, and I just wanted to get a sense for the types of resources you like to use.

If you have specific ones that you just love, I'd also like to hear about those!

Congratulations on the book! Can you tell us a bit about it?

All time favourites are the dropping anchor Audio exercises on Russ Harris website. There are 4 different lengths from 40 seconds to 11 minutes, you can download them onto your pc or phone and so have them wherever you are.

After these, my favs would be ebooks. I like that I can copy paste favourite quotes into a notes app on my phone, or highlight favourite passages

Thank you, @Teasel!

I will check out the Russ Harris website! The primary focus of my book is the impermanence of depression (funny, when written from the viewpoint of someone who has dealt with it for decades). Really, though, I think when we think about depression, we see it as a years-long event sometimes, and I try to break it down into moments. I talk about all the things we can do to make day-to-day easier. The fun stuff, the therapies--traditional and alternative, etc. And I talk some about the behaviors we exhibit that get us into trouble sometimes--our self-talk, the way we often make judgments and jump to conclusions, that sort of thing.

The book has a very conversational tone and is short, at least in comparison to typical books.

Probably video games since they're addictive

Thank you, @Teasel!

I will check out the Russ Harris website! The primary focus of my book is the impermanence of depression (funny, when written from the viewpoint of someone who has dealt with it for decades). Really, though, I think when we think about depression, we see it as a years-long event sometimes, and I try to break it down into moments. I talk about all the things we can do to make day-to-day easier. The fun stuff, the therapies--traditional and alternative, etc. And I talk some about the behaviors we exhibit that get us into trouble sometimes--our self-talk, the way we often make judgments and jump to conclusions, that sort of thing.

The book has a very conversational tone and is short, at least in comparison to typical books.
That sounds like a great idea, even though it is a moment to moment condition, I struggled with depression a lot post college yet I don't experience those feelings very long just because I'm very active now adays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back