• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

For Those Who’ve Lost Everything... How Do You Want Your Life To Look? What Are You Building?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty nauseated because I didn't take anything for pain when I should have. I am in bed and am sure I will be better tomorrow. This is the worst day I have had in a long time.
Thanks for asking and have a good evening. 🐳
Ugh! You said it all when you said worst day in a long time. I hate those.

Hoping you feel better soon.

I have lost everything. I have rebuilt to get knocked down again. My endurance is taking a beating at the moment. But every choice, it adds up to build something, even if I don't intend it.

Thanks for this really good question. While it's too painful to answer, the reminder is spot on.

That simple, or complex. With a clean-ish page to start from, what do you want your life to look like? How do you see yourself building it? Pie in the sky, nuts & bolts practical, or both; regrets, joys, curiosities, frustrations... come one come all. It’s a helluva process.

There are many people here who are fighting to hang onto what they’ve worked so hard to get, & where they’ve gotten to in life. There are also many people here, like me, who have already lost that battle.

It can be a damned hard thing, starting over. I’m curious to hear your thoughts.
Quoting cause I'll forget the question any sec now.

Pie in the sky dreams are for a successful career. Not saying it's impossible, just not looking inevitable shall we say.

Otherwise, I want more of what makes me happy, simple things mostly, friends, being in nature, doing activities I enjoy.

I would love to function better, be at least somewhat better mental health wise. And I think I'm that's well with the realms of possible, though again, not inevitable.

I would really love to be able to relax enough to be more playful ♡

I would love to get fit enough (And now well enough) to go on pilgrimages. Very much so.

Loving these responses.

I was supposed to go to bed 4 hours ago... so I reeeally shouldn’t dive into this thread right now. One of those every time I sat down to reply & kick things around, I got distracted by someone else’s cool thread. So I can’t wait to hit it up again in the morning.

I once was homeless, that lasted for two and half or so years. When I finally got my Disability insurance, I was able to move into an assisted living facility. (ALF). Long story short, I eventually was able to move into my own place. I've lived on my own since 2005. It's been a rough road, lot's of bumps along the way. I'm a widow. We were married for twenty three years. I'm pleased with my life now. It's the way I want it to be.

This is to give you all hope. Keep at it; don't give up.

what do you want your life to look like?
Another thread to realize that the lifespan is indeed short. Even if it’s the most naive and the stupidest idea of them all, I want to hold on to the fantasy of leaving civilization behind.Living on a lonely island is not realistic at all but there is also freedom when I can dream. I didn’t have anything to loose, but I heard about serenity and solitude.. seems nice to me to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back