• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Has anyone tried Acupuncture for CPTSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome:)

Yes I use acupuncture for a lot of things

I'd say that it can help with CPTSD related symptoms. I've been doing it for a while and have a decent knowledge of the points, as far as I know there are no particular points for CPTSD but are various combinations for the energy patterns and symptoms it can create. Hope that makes sense? Willing to share more on it

Hope you find the forum supportive

Welcome:)

Yes I use acupuncture for a lot of things

I'd say that it can help with CPTSD related symptoms. I've been doing it for a while and have a decent knowledge of the points, as far as I know there are no particular points for CPTSD but are various combinations for the energy patterns and symptoms it can create. Hope that makes sense? Willing to share more on it

Hope you find the forum supportive

Thanks! When searching for an acupuncturist to help with CPTSD are there any pointers?

start with looking for a good enough and experienced acupuncturist. the experience will make a difference, it's not only sticking needles in the right points, the person is a therapist and will need to be able to read and listen to you at all levels

ask what kinds of things they have experience working with, - what their approach is, - how long before you will notice a difference, - if they have experience working with people with complex trauma etc, - ask about them working with the specific symptoms you're having, - a lot of the questions are ones a person looking for a therapist might ask

it's not a quick fix and it can take a little while to calm the system or get things moving, plus herbs can be involved. saying that there are times when I have been for sessions when the results were immediate but if you want long term change you need to stick with it for a while

hope that is helpful

I've only started seeing an acupuncturist recently, and have nothing but good things to say. I was given a thorough assessment beforehand, had my symptoms investigated and treatment based around this. I was simply amazed that he could accurately discern the issues with my back and shoulders through an investigation of my neck and fingers.

I was also given herbs to combat the fatigue - they worked a treat. What I found really interesting was how, when I was laying facedown, covered in pins and cups and drifting in my own thoughts, if the colour of my thoughts turned towards something negative, the muscles on my back tensed. If they didn't pinch the pins and cups and physically pinch me whenever this happened, I would not have actually realised quite so quickly that my thought pattern had taken a dark twist. Was good to feel where the tension of that builds so I could relax back into it.

Highly recommended.

It's one of the best tools in my therapeutic tool box that has helped tremendously with multiple issues, starting with severe physical pain, but I never sought it out specifically for CPTSD issues, it just so happened to help with that and everything else along the way.

My first practitioner was also a master herbalist and master gardener that I had met via one of my social circles/drum circles years ago who generously offered to help me via bartering for child care/pet care/odd job assistance in exchange for her services. Otherwise, I doubt if I would have ever had a chance to see how much it helps.

I'd been told by an orthopedic surgeon that I had the body of an 80+ year old rather than a 40+ year old and would absolutely need a complete shoulder replacement to ever feel any pain relief. At that time, I was in severe pain, couldn't lift my arm, extend it, hold onto a water glass/toothbrush/comb/etc., and couldn't get comfortable in bed regardless of my position.

She taught me so much about self (cell-ph) care. The shoulder pain went totally away after about 8 treatments and I did not require surgical intervention. Haven't had any major issues with it since. It was while receiving help for that that I happily discovered how much it soothed my nervous system, too.

During that time, I discovered and learned about the meridian system, acupressure, our bodys' internal clock, so to speak, herbal benefits, overall energetic exchanges, safely recognizing and foraging for nature's freely shared "farmaceutical" benefits, our inner chi (energy), and so much more that I had previously been told and taught to believe was a bunch of pseudoscience BS by many "professionals" and those with strongly geared academic preferences and such.

Unfortunately, she moved away, but I luckily found a gentleman who has been practicing it for 30+ years and also taught it to others in China. His practice is a lot different than hers, but also similar in many ways, and every bit as helpful. It's been at least 5+ years since it's been a part of my life and I'm forever grateful to have been given the chance to experience the benefits. Best wishes for a helpful and healthful experience to anyone who chooses to try it.

I found it set off symptoms for me. I’ve only had it twice, both times afterwards I had a real rough patch mental health wise. Increase in flashbacks, nightmares and lack of functioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back