• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Undiagnosed Hello fellow earthlings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been diagnosed with ptsd

I've had plenty of experiences if you'd like me to make a list.

I do not run to the doctor every time I feel negative emotions

It's not my intention to pretend I have PTSD (which I likely do but have never strived for a diagnosis

Having experienced an or several traumatic event(s) is *one* part of a PTSD diagnosis.

Please actually take some time to read up on the symptoms of PTSD instead of only focusing on the potential causal trauma.

Do you experience any of these?

Ptsd has never been mentioned but it doesn't mean I don't have some amount of it

You cannot have “some amount” of PTSD.

I hope you never have anyone to torment you on a daily basis.

I encourage you to spend some time reading about people’s traumas here before making such statements.

We can all clearly see you’re currently very stressed. Understandably; probably most of us would be. But you should remain mindful of the audience you’re writing to.

don't want anyone coming here to simply vent...

but the reason I joined isn't because I think I have it or for ptsd support

This is a peer support forum for PTSD sufferers and supporters (aka family, partners, close friends) of sufferers.

I think you’re in the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back