• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hello.... new dissociated system

Status
Not open for further replies.

SusanPLC

Learning
Hi!

We are a dissociated system. We are 2 hosts working co-con and each host is kind of head of a subsystem. I (Susan) mainly deal with regular daily life and typing and Kathy is better at practical things like taking care of housework and cooking and we blend as one to deal with outside appointments/dealing with people under the legal name.

I have had to take early retirement due to ongoing health issues so mostly housebound right now.

I have had this system all my life and kept them all a secret for 50+ years. I do not know all the official medical terminology for things so apologies if I describe things 'the wrong way'.

Look forward to getting know you all.

Susan

Hello Susan and Kathy!

You say you've kept it secret -- any therapy? Are there any doctors or counselors who know?

No .. people got locked up for talking to themselves when I was in childhood, they were seen as 'imaginary friends' by parents but they passed years ago now. Nobody in our current daily life knows anything about it. Everyone whose known us 'for years' think we grew out of it eventually!

We haven't really been able to see anyone since onset of pandemic anyway and now living alone I think it was the fact that I was constantly alone that caused others to come forwards again.

Welcome @SusanPLC!

Mod Post
As a heads up, we ask members dealing with dissociative disorders to post as the identity responsible for account sign-up, only. There are a few reasons for this, and we are happy to answer any questions if you'd like to follow up at Contact Us.

Thank you!
ok we all answer to the same name anyway to remain covert in the outside world. Just never met anyone else with the same condition to share experiences with. We won't be any trouble!

I (Susan) am always the one that comes on the computer to check email, do shopping etc anyway! 😀

Welcome! This forum has been an extremely healing part of my journey and has allowed me to connect with others who experience life in similar ways that way I do - whether that be managing PTSD symptoms or dealing with all the challenges that come with having a dissociative disorder. It has been extremely validating to talk with others who also live their lives in parts. We hope you are able to find support here as well!

Welcome! This forum has been an extremely healing part of my journey and has allowed me to connect with others who experience life in similar ways that way I do - whether that be managing PTSD symptoms or dealing with all the challenges that come with having a dissociative disorder. It has been extremely validating to talk with others who also live their lives in parts. We hope you are able to find support here as well!
Thanks but i don't know if I have broken a rule already but I don't seem to be welcome on the dissociative forum which I joined to take part in? One post has been deleted and the second moved from that forum. So I guess we maybe trying to find another 🙁

Welcome to the forum!

If you haven’t seen it, you may find the Help For New Members page helpful.

If you ever have questions about how the forum works, or why something has been changed/removed, drop us a line at Contact Us so the Mods can address the issue directly. Questions often get lost in threads, but you’ll find a Contact Us link at the bottom of each page, and staff get onto those quicker.

but i don't know if I have broken a rule already but I don't seem to be welcome on the dissociative forum
Welcome, @SusanPLC. I have DID, and I will say that this is not really a good forum for working through big issues with that, although there are folks here who do understand and can generally provide insight. Otoh, it is a good place to talk through things that helped create the DID--the traumas.

Have you connected with others on any of the DID-specific forums?

Welcome, @SusanPLC. I have DID, and I will say that this is not really a good forum for working through big issues with that, although there are folks here who do understand and can generally provide insight. Otoh, it is a good place to talk through things that helped create the DID--the traumas.

Have you connected with others on any of the DID-specific forums?
which DID-specific forums do you mean?

which DID-specific forums do you mean?
If you search "DID forums" in your browser, it should bring up a few that are currently active. The only one I'm sort of familiar with is Ivory Garden, but I'm not a member there anymore. It's welcoming to people who have been diagnosed and anyone with dissociation generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back