• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hi Everyone - PTSD Social Worker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evelyn

New Here
Hi everyone,
Anthony I finally have time to post on your website. As I said to you the other day I am thrilled you have created this forum. It certainly is something that has been lacking and it is proving already the importance of feeling connected with others.

To those who don't know me, I'm Evelyn and I participated/co-facilitated Cohort 18 in Townsville's PTSD Program. I'm a qualified counsellor and am completing my final year of Social Work. My participation in the program has been part of placement for the degree and I will be co-facilitating Cohort 19 also. My experience on the course, like the participants, has been very insiteful and encouraging. I feel better equipt after revising and learning more knowledge on PTSD. The greatest experience I received while on the program was hearing the personal experiences from participants and their partners. I feel extremely fortunate to have had the best teachers help me to understand PTSD. You guys are so brave and congratulations.

I'm currently working with Community Training Australia, an organisation that produces training materials for people to become counsellors. The course is being run in Townsville, Charters Towers, Glasshouse Mountains, Brisbane, Gold Coast and we are expecting further developments. Check out our website Link Removed. Community Training Australia has also developed a Counselling Practice called “The Counsellors†consisting of psychologists, counsellors and after I graduate a social worker.

I’m hoping to be able to learn as much as I can about PTSD from all of you here on the forum and hopefully share some information I have found on PTSD and other important related topics.

Well, that's about all from me for now. Talk with you soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Evelyn... glad you made it. You rock... just to let you know that. Thank you for joining us Evelyn... you made a big difference for me, and I know you will make a large impact in life within your qualified realm, to help others. You are the best.

Evelyn was actually my counsellor during the course. Each participant had to undertake weekly counselling, and Evelyn got me... good for me.

Evelyn is on the ball when it comes to PTSD and other facets of counselling. Once qualified, I will put a "counsellor" heading under you, so people know who you are.

Actually, your already a qualified counsellor, so I will put that their now, and when you qualify in your social working degree, I'll add that, so people know who you are, and your advice is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back