• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How do you manage the symptoms at work especially when my supervisor keeps yelling at me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to do that however, I work in a public school as a secretary. I did go on an interview today at a childcare facility for disabled children. I would love to work there! It's quiet there. No road noises, no fighting students, no loud noises, no yelling it's perfect. When I drove up there were 2 baby dear in the parking lot. It was beautiful. I am definatly praying that it will pan out.

I would love to do that however, I work in a public school as a secretary. I did go on an interview today at a childcare facility for disabled children. I would love to work there! It's quiet there. No road noises, no fighting students, no loud noises, no yelling it's perfect. When I drove up there were 2 baby dear in the parking lot. It was beautiful. I am definatly praying that it will pan out.
Praying for you too 🙏 environment makes ALL the difference.

I was fired from my kindergarten aide/office admin job this past March, which was unexpected and devastating. Towards the end, I had three anxiety attacks at work, it was awful and stressful. But it turned out to be a blessing, I received some unemployment money for a while, and now I am a nanny for a wonderful family. We get along quite well and no one's freaking out. I get paid double as a nanny to watch one two-year-old kid, vs. stressful switching between office work, cleaning, and teaching at the private school. So I believe it can pan out well for you too.

Praying for you too 🙏 environment makes ALL the difference.

I was fired from my kindergarten aide/office admin job this past March, which was unexpected and devastating. Towards the end, I had three anxiety attacks at work, it was awful and stressful. But it turned out to be a blessing, I received some unemployment money for a while, and now I am a nanny for a wonderful family. We get along quite well and no one's freaking out. I get paid double as a nanny to watch one two-year-old kid, vs. stressful switching between office work, cleaning, and teaching at the private school. So I believe it can pan out well for you too.
Thank you for your support. its really been helpful being here. I am so glad I found this site!!!

Oh gosh I am sorry that is so wrong. Even if you did not have your struggles it would be wrong This is abusive behavior on her part and putting up with that is not on your contract! If you live in an area where you are allowed to surreptitiously record people I would consider that but lawyer up first

Oh gosh I am sorry that is so wrong. Even if you did not have your struggles it would be wrong This is abusive behavior on her part and putting up with that is not on your contract! If you live in an area where you are allowed to surreptitiously record people I would consider that but lawyer up first
I wish I could find a lawyer that would take the case. I would pursue it most definitely. Thank you for your kinds words and support. have a great day!

How does anyone work when they are like this?? I’m gonna be on the streets!!!
That’s typically how it goes for me. My PTSD ramps up and hits the stratosphere, and I’m homeless/jobless for awhile. Sometimes months. Sometimes years. As there are very very few jobs I can work when I’m symptomatic to the eyeballs. And I tend to get dark fast. Everything blows up faster than I can manage the effects. So the wiggle room most people seem to find, to find new jobs / get on disability/ etc.? Just has never existed for me.

I did go on an interview today at a childcare facility for disabled children. I would love to work there! It's quiet there. No road noises, no fighting students, no loud noises, no yelling it's perfect.
Well done, you!

Whether you get this job or not? It seems like you have found a niche. Which gives you a tremendous advantage in knowing which other jobs to apply for / places you can fit, both whilst dealing with the rollercoaster & kicking ass and taking names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back