• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll How Many Diagnoses Of Mental Illness Do You Have?

• Thread starter Deleted member 19804
  • Start date

How many diagnoses do you have?

• One

Votes: 19 12.0%
  • Two

Votes: 42 26.6%
  • Three

Votes: 45 28.5%
  • Four

Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Five or more

Votes: 25 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have C-PTSD, GAD and Mood Disorder NOS. Plus some insomnia and a degenerative spinal issue. I've had an XLIF and an L4-L5 fusion and I'm not even 30 :(

Have you ever considered an internal stimulator for your pain, or maybe cyberknife surgery?[/QU...

I had the fusion and XLIF surgery last November. The simulator wasn't an option because my vertebra formina ( holes the nerves feed through) were closing and I had drop foot. I only needed 8 PT sessions and 6 weeks of not lifting my toddler and I'm fine now. The only draw back is that I can only physically handle having one more child, but I'm lucky I can still have another.

Historically: Major Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Eating Disorder NOS, Borderline traits, ADHD

I don't believe that any of this was true except the depression. No doctor in my early years even ASKED me about childhood trauma, never mind considered it and its potential effects, in diagnosing me.

Currently, according to a super recent psych evaluation, and believable to me: Persistent Depressive Disorder and PTSD.

I was told by the evaluators that they think the anxiety is just a byproduct of the PTSD, and the eating disorder was exactly what I intended it to be at the time (a suicide attempt). And the PTSD causes attention problems, as well as perceived personality issues.

So, mostly just PTSD and depression.

@theshadowoftheliving I have heard that it's very common for health professionals and even licensed therapists to not bother with those questions. I know nobody ever asked me, I had to tell my last T myself.

Pretty sad how professionals don't even ask about (childhood) trauma. I'm glad those evaluators finally gave you some clarity about which diagnoses were accurate.

I have PTSD, MDD, panic disorder, and social anxiety disorder. Also lots of spine problems - stenosis, arthritis, spondylolisthesis, chronic pain which makes the PTSD worse, which makes the chronic pain worse.

I put 3 and don't count any comorbid conditions (anorexia, Insomnia, etc)

I have classical autism, PDD-NOS, and PTSD. (Diagnosed and confirmed by several professionals). The first two caused the PTSD actually (I couldn't form complete sentences until age 12, from birth up until now I was systematically raped, seriously injured many times, kidnapped, tortured, etc. It happened because they knew they could get away with it because they either thought or assumed I wouldn't be able to communicate what happened to the police.)

I only chose three; PTSD, Major Depression, and Seasonal Affective Disorder *(SAD), but I suppose I should have added social phobia as well.:unsure:

I was born with depression, OCD, and generalized anxiety disorder and developed PTSD at 8. The other 3 illnesses became worse after my abuse. I also have IBS.

These are what I've been diagnosed with in my years of living:

•ADHD

•(C)PTSD

•AN (Anorexia Nervosa)

•PD-NOS (personality disorder not otherwise specified)

•Fibromyalgia

•Migraines

•GERD

*Undiagnosed but getting evaluated in October for possible:*
DDNOS (DID-like).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back