• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll How Many Diagnoses Of Mental Illness Do You Have?

• Thread starter Deleted member 19804
  • Start date

How many diagnoses do you have?

• One

Votes: 19 12.0%
  • Two

Votes: 42 26.6%
  • Three

Votes: 45 28.5%
  • Four

Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Five or more

Votes: 25 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two formal diagnoses: PTSD and psychotic disorder NOS. Both were caused by the same traumatic period. I want to be tested soon for PTSD with secundary psychotic features, which I feel is the right diagnosis for me. It does more justice to the situation. Then I'll be back to one! :) I have sometimes wondered about ADD as an extra diagnosis, but I think my concentration and attention problems are caused by trauma and meds.

Good grief it took me the longest time to admit that anything was valid. I didn't want to any diagnoses. Am still torn. Denial you know. I have historical diagnoses. In retrospect I think it was all mostly pretty much PTSD even when I wasn't yet fully symptomatic. Was I not fully symptomatic? I'm not sure.

Historically. Anorexia Nervosa, then Bulimia Nervosa, then Eating Disorder Otherwise Not Specified. Fully recovered now. Major Depression. Panic Disorder, PTSD. There were two I wasn't diagnosed with but that I would eat my head if they didn't apply. As much as I detest the fact. Depersonalisation Disorder from very young. And a personality disorder. Avoidant PD. Definitely would not fit the latter now and for many years. Present day it would just be PTSD now. And I suspect there are times when my symptoms drop below full requirements.

BPD, PTSD, GAD. A lot on here say they are diagnosed CPTSD and i do fit that but not diagnosed with it.

I have a possible but not diagnosed Attachment Disorder as well.

One / PTSD.

As ADHD & D.I.D. are both disorders, and whatever I have of attachment & empathy issues is greatly current life & locations relative, so I don't think would meet the diagnostic criteria for disorders as defined by the DSM.

1 - Complex PTSD
2 - Major Depressive Disorder
3 - Borderline Personality Disorder
4 - Post-natal Depression
5 - Binge Eating Disorder

I wasn't sure if you wanted all diagnoses we've ever had. I was given a BPD diagnosis in 2009, but several people have since told me Complex PTSD is remarkably similar and can often be confused so I'm being treated for that. I also want to believe I have C-PTSD rather than BPD since BPD has contributed to my fear of not being believed and being untreatable. Plus, treatment for BPD is not available in my area.

I've had depression on and off since age 12 (20 years ago) and I was first diagnosed at the same time as having "normal" PTSD from being hit by a car (use the term loosely since nobody with PTSD feels normal and I'd hate anyone to feel invalidated by my comment!) and with my first little boy I had PND for nearly 3 years after his birth. I was diagnosed with binge eating disorder when I was 20/21 but never treated.

Physical Issues
1 - Anaemia (which requires regular iron infusions)
2 - B12 deficient
3 - Osteoporosis
4 - Bilio Pancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch (I list this because even though it's a procedure, I live with the consequences daily)
5 - Zinc deficient
6 - Irritable Bowel Syndrome

My First Diagnosis™ was Anorexia Nervosa with co-morbid depression. This one was undeniable, as I needed to be on a ward for 4 months. Then my mother called up the doctors to tell them about my paranoid ramblings in my (private!) journal, and I got BPD with fleeting psychosis. I don't really agree with this one although BPD did fit me quite well at the time (emptiness, impulsive, reckless behaviour, self-harm/suicidal gestures etc). As I became increasingly detached from just about everything and more invested in fantastical escapism my then-psychiatrist asked a colleague to give me another assessment and the outcome of that was Paranoid Schizophrenia. Absolutely not that, but I can see how they would think it. Then I had a phase of extreme anxiety triggered by an unwitting hallucinogen experience. I didn't get an official diagnosis for that but was treated under the banner term of Anxiety. I've got symptoms in spades but not the complete set.

Just before Christmas last year I had an assessment and finally received the diagnosis I'd been pretty much convinced of for the past few years - Complex PTSD. I told staff and therapists and psychiatrists about long-term abuse when I was on the ward but nobody ever put two and two together. I have so many moments of clarity thanks to my current therapists, and I have been able to progress more in the past two years than I have in the past ten.

I was diagnosed a couple days ago. At least I know what i'm fighting .

Major Depression
PTSD
Generalized Anxiety
Social Anxiety
Unspecified Anxiety w/panic

I have to change mine from when I first wrote:
PTSD from complex trauma, severe, with depersonalization and derealization
Bipolar 1 or not, my docs can't decide, although I personally love the mania part since I can get so much done.
MDD
And although I am very high on the dissociative spectrum, my T decided no label of DID to which I am grateful.
Social Anxiety disorder, which doesn' t count, so I only have 2 when I go to one doc, 3 when I go to another, lol.

Isn't anxiety and depression part of PTSD or CPTSD? PTSD/CPTSD are anxiety disorders.

I put two; CPTSD and DID. I no longer have DID though. Integrated in 2005/6.

Yes, but I have a separate diagnosis of MDD. I also have Social Anxiety disorder, which is probably a manifestation of PTSD, but it has it's own name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back