• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Huge Update Coming Round Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current system still works fine though... people will know when its being upgraded, because it just won't work at all.

Upgraded chat is now installed, though some of the bugs still need to worked out. For the most part though, it works.

Users can now Instant Message (IM) one another directly when online from clicking the "IM" link next to their name.

Users can now Private Video Chat from clicking the link next to other online users name.

You won't see the IM or video link if the user is not online, is moderated or banned.

The new chat system no longer opens a popup window when you click the "live chat" button at the top of the forum, instead you go to a new page where the chat is embedded.

The first time you go into the chat you will land on the help tab. You have an inbuilt help guide, lots of new features to learn. The general tab is the chat.

Just to keep you updated on upgrades. Flashcoms have not yet finalized the rollout of the email system as yet which I am still waiting upon. The chat is fully upgraded and integrated as you should be well aware now from the above post.

Once the email is released from flashcoms, this will be the basis for the mentor program to stream video / audio emails directly between mentors and mentoree's. Live chat runs from my server now, and that means completely including the FMS components. No more third part requirement from influxis now.

I still have to upgrade the Wowza license, though it is not essential yet until the email system is rolled out and installed here, providing it suits my needs, which I believe it will.

Slowly but surely, it is all coming together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back