• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

If you can help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man

New Here
Ive had PTSD for 6 years now its more of a freeze variety.I got it from a massive panic attack that i got after smoking some weed that made me feel like i was literally dying.The worst part about it is that my entire f*cking right side of my body is frozen muscularly.Yes i can move it and use it but it feels disconnected and sort of like a ragdoll.I literally want to cry from frustration BECAUSE I CANT f*ckING WEIGHT LIFT OR DO SPORTS ! I f*ckING CANT ! Every time i try to lift weights or do anything sports related my right side just wont work properly and thus the muscles arent properly trained and i make 0 progress.Apart from that i cant partake on sports that i like because due to the ragdoly nature of things i feel like my joints are going to pop off and some times i almosted poped them off.PLEASE JUST LEAVE ME f*ckING EXIST ! Sports was my no1 way of relieving stress and anxiety and now i cant do that i feel so trapped.I have tried everything from TRE,to EMDR,to EFT,to the Daily Practise by the Crappy Childhood fairy and grounding technics but the muscles wont fix themselfs in the long run.I fix them for a few days and then bam were back at it.Now i came here to vent and somewhat get info because i believe im doing a lot of progress the last few months.Ive discovered what cognitive distortions are by Emma Mc Adam from Therapy in a Nutshell and ive made a 180 turn.

Now lets get to the questions.I dont know if following my values is really something that helps and that ACT therapy will do anything for me.Sure it has helped thats how my brain functions currently and im able to come here and write but the thing is that the muscles arent fixed so does it really matter ? I followed my values almost for a year fully and the thing was going really good but then i almost lost a close relative and broke a the chain of doing what my head was telling me.The thing is that my mind was telling me to stop what it considered a bad habbit,which was playing occasionally video games (didnt even affect my life negatively) and when i didnt stop that habit it was hell let loose.I just couldnt sell my PC and do the next step and after that i felt super shit and all the PTSD came back.After that i got CPTSD which was mostly my inner critic gaining a life of his own and making me feel shit.It took me a lot of time to change that but i did with Emma McAdams videos.The thing is as i already asked,would it really have been different if i had sold my pc ? To be honest i dont like playing regularly video games but i dont feel like selling a 1500 euros PC is something i can do.Its not like im selling a pair of shoes.Finaly does anyone know how do i make my f*cking muscles work like they should ? They feel stuck in place as ive already said.As i said if it wasnt for this i wouldnt give a single shit about emotions sports and a normal life that would come from them would fix most of the problem.

I also heard that people did shrooms and even other stuff and they got unstuck but i dont know if i want to go down that path.But if theres no other choise id rather do it

Im sorry for being all over the place but its all i can do with all this frustration

Sorry this happened to you. That sounds super frustrating.

Have you seen a physical therapist? Chiropractor? A muscle issue like this won’t respond to EMDR.

Sorry this happened to you. That sounds super frustrating.

Have you seen a physical therapist? Chiropractor? A muscle issue like this won’t respond to EMDR.
Thank you for the fast reply ! Yes it is very frustrating.Unfortunately no but the thing is i dont have money for that kind of stuff.Im a university student and money is non existent.Apart from the muscle stuff there isnt really anything else going with the whole thing.I dont have panic attacks or anything and i dont feel immense stress.I may make my muscles work in a few months since after cleaning my mental distortions i managed to stabilize my situation by a lot but i would like to know if theres something faster.Also do chiropractors even help with this kind of stuff ?
Why is the forum deleting sentences from my posts

The thing about calming techniques (breathing, meditation) is they’re not a quick fix. You have to practice them daily and lower your tension over time.

Some gyms have therapeutic stress management amenities.

I’d go to the resource center at your university and ask how they can help.

The thing about calming techniques (breathing, meditation) is they’re not a quick fix. You have to practice them daily and lower your tension over time.

Some gyms have therapeutic stress management amenities.

I’d go to the resource center at your university and ask how they can help.
Thats why i said its getting better over time and i think ill be done with it at some point.Ive been doing all these techniques for a long time and they do work but i didnt understand what mental distortions were and i also did plenty mistackes along the way while IRL stuff going sideways.If only things went linear i would be singing like a bird now :)
Gyms wont help and i will freak people out with the intensity of releases.When i did TRE i almost fell out of bed some times due to the shaking.I think i have tried most of the known things out there but it hurts that it all went so slow.I lost so many years of my youth.I havent had panic attacks for half the journey,before that i was f*cked up.Anyway i think i overvented a bit too much.I just some extra relaxation technique if you guys have any to propose.
Also no questions about the past please.Ive dug it up so much and it kinda hurts me to go back after all this time of doing better

Strongly recommend you see a neurologist; it's extremely likely he will recommend you have a psychiatrist do a diagnostic consult as well.

What you're describing makes me think of FND (Functional Neurological Disorder). It happens when the brain starts doing an extreme level of mis-firing, and people suffering from it quite literally lose physical functionality. Your mind is sending the signals to the body for there to be fully engaged movement, but the signals are missing the correct receptors. Muscles mis-fire, or don't fire at all.

A neurologist will be able to do an assessment - and if it's not FND, they'll most certainly be able to give you help with other avenues to pursue, to get your motor function back. They will probably appreciate that you've been working hard to pursue a psych angle. Disorders like FND aren't purely neurological, and not purely psychological - they are both. But the good news is, it's more widely recognized by the medical community than it was even five years ago, and there are approaches to treating the problem that are more likely to help you. Some CBT is involved, but in specific ways. And occupational therapy.

I also heard that people did shrooms and even other stuff and they got unstuck but i dont know if i want to go down that path.But if theres no other choise id rather do it
Just need to say...I'd really recommend seeing a neurologist first (really, instead). Weed broke something in your central nervous system - trying to solve the problem with (more) hallucinogenics doesn't make sense, especially as you're fairly stressed and upset about the problems you're having. You just be asking for a bad trip, IMO.
Why is the forum deleting sentences from my posts
Not sure what you're referring to here ^^ but if you have questions about using the forum, you can ask by posting in Contact Us and staff will help you out.

Strongly recommend you see a neurologist; it's extremely likely he will recommend you have a psychiatrist do a diagnostic consult as well.

What you're describing makes me think of FND (Functional Neurological Disorder). It happens when the brain starts doing an extreme level of mis-firing, and people suffering from it quite literally lose physical functionality. Your mind is sending the signals to the body for there to be fully engaged movement, but the signals are missing the correct receptors. Muscles mis-fire, or don't fire at all.

A neurologist will be able to do an assessment - and if it's not FND, they'll most certainly be able to give you help with other avenues to pursue, to get your motor function back. They will probably appreciate that you've been working hard to pursue a psych angle. Disorders like FND aren't purely neurological, and not purely psychological - they are both. But the good news is, it's more widely recognized by the medical community than it was even five years ago, and there are approaches to treating the problem that are more likely to help you. Some CBT is involved, but in specific ways. And occupational therapy.

Just need to say...I'd really recommend seeing a neurologist first (really, instead). Weed broke something in your central nervous system - trying to solve the problem with (more) hallucinogenics doesn't make sense, especially as you're fairly stressed and upset about the problems you're having. You just be asking for a bad trip, IMO.

Not sure what you're referring to here ^^ but if you have questions about using the forum, you can ask by posting in Contact Us and staff will help you out.
Thank you for your recomendation i will see what ill do once i gather some money be that neurologist or chiropractor

Do NOT see a chiropractor. I don't know where you are, but in the USA chiropractors are not only unqualified to diagnose, but almost all of them are unqualified to do anything whatsoever.

Chiropracty is 99% quackery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back