• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Log Your Daily Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the couch down and out, late season influenza. Breathing is a workout today. Thanks flu shot. I...
I won't nerd rant at you, but I will say that the shot is great for reducing the amount of time you have the flu and the intensity of it! It can never completely prevent the flu -- it's mostly to decrease your time and intensity which prevents you from getting injured and from spreading it around the public much. :)

Sorry you got the flu though. I think that's probably one of the worst non-deadly (mostly) viruses out there. Every symptom feels like your cells are setting fires trying to kill it... Get well soon!

Oh @CdnCopper - I'm sorry. You were doing a lot of exercise. And um..we are going into our Winter so that's not good news. You are in Spring and it (the flu) is still hitting you guys... That probably means it will be a very long flu season here...oh no...:banghead:

Get well very soon. Lemon & honey...handing it over to you...:hug:

Making an appointment to see if I can have my flu shot!

Oh @CdnCopper - I'm sorry. You were doing a lot of exercise. And um..we are going into our Winter so that's not good news.

Thanks. Had my flu shot at the beginning of the flu season here back in November and I thought we had it beat. Took my daughter to emerg kn the weekend with a temp of 103 for IV fluids because she was so dehydrated from her fever.

Doc said this particular strain wasnt one of the main strains in the flu shot so it is hanging on and keeping tbe crap out of people. Our County had 38 deaths so far.

I won't nerd rant at you,
LOL. Thats ok nerd out. I guess the vaccine this year for us is about 10% effective for the strain thats kicking the crap out of everyine this year. Def better than zero. Ive always had the shot and will continue to take it because as you say it can reduce the intensity. My daughter really got hit hard (no shot) and ended up in the hospital for IV fluids because of her temp. She said she is getting the shot next season.

Going to give the bod a break from the workouts. Its the couch and Netflix for the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back