• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Mood out of 10. Contributing factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teasel

Sponsor
So I've been loosely doing this as the title of my private journal (not on here)

But it occurred to me it might be nice to explore it a bit more here. Not just one or two words in the title.

So, currant mood out of 10 - 6

Contributing factors -

+ the visit to a friend in Hamburg did me the power of good. Have been fairly well mental health wise since. Which I think shines a light on the fact I was for sure too isolated and my life too contracted.

+ being able to sit out in the garden lately. Much better than holed up in bed! Nice fresh air, sat in a comfy chair, get a bit of sun, see a bit of wildlife, and trees! ♡

- physical health probs. Various niggling complaints have made it pretty bloody hard to function of late. Still, am working on em all. And getting there slowly.

Add as few or as many plus or minus contributing factors as you like innit. :)

Mood 4 out of 10.
Contributing factors... allergic pain, headache, post anger (yesterday) fatigue, a friend's loss, ambiguity about my brothers visit but he says he's coming Tuesday and stress about extra care things for my mom. Very dry, dusty and windy lately. Mister away twice already today (on call this week) BUT... basic needs are met and a couple friends are doing well, had good news this week.

Mood 5 of 10. Neutral.
Contributing factors: continued additional care for mom, disruption by mister's service call interruptions, pain levels lower today, uncertainty about brother's visit, things I need assistance with and have to press mister for ahead of the visit, no itinerary from brother.

7/10
+
▪︎Jelly & ice cream
▪︎Seeing the look of joy when a friend realised I'd come to see her perform her poem at a local festival, got a good hug & chat too
▪︎Being the most functional I have in a long time, 3 straight weeks feeling good and getting bits done
▪︎My little car, and the way its opening up the world for me. Excited over plans to go visiting different parts of the country ♡
-
▪︎Difficulties in relationship with my brother
+
▪︎Handling them well.
-
▪︎Nightmares

Mood 3 of 10. Commence "stop the slide".
Contributing factors:
  • Ongoing stress and confrontation about mom's dental care (resolved tentatively supposedly yesterday but remains to be seen).
  • Having "Call Steve, call steve, CALL STEVE" go off in my brain for about a month and being ignored by mister - Steve has PTSD and is an Iraq Vet - going through divorce and was in a slide. He lost his job day before yesterday. Mad at my mister, upset for a fellow PTSD and worried.
  • Allergic pain 8 of 10... okay 9. Maxed out my self imposed medications yesterday and couldn't get any pain relief.
  • Fatigued in a major way with the doings and communication with peer/friends but powered it out.
  • Went to tick of the next box and found that the optometrist had a stroke and the location hasn't had a replacement for the last 6 months. Referred but on investigation the only thing they could say 'round town was "she's nice". Uh not the kind of recommendation that we need, thanks. We want competency. When asked if she's competent, got bovine looks (asked 3 people all three people said the same thing and had no opinion or wasn't inclined to respond about "competency".
  • Project coordinator is buggin' the crap out of me but doesn't return callbacks in a timely manner. I'm not in a particular rush cuz I've got a price locked in. She is.
  • Pissed because mister slipped the date for Ripley's veterinary stuff AND it wasn't on the calendar or I would have done it. Have to wait til next month. NEED heartworm... no RX. Thanks a lot honey.
  • Mom woke me up in the middle of the night thinking she was late for dance class (which is today at 9:30 am).
  • Sat outside for an hour in 48 degree weather instead of freaked out and said something I'd regret.
  • Had an "ugly old lady moment with customer service and am not proud of myself when 3 idiots said "you can still buy glasses" and my cup runneth over.… I roared, "Who the heck would want to buy glasses without an eye exam? We all 3 need an exam and this is a supposed benefit of membership!!!" (not one of my lovelier moments and of course the cherry on top for a slide is always gonna be me being disappointed in my own behavior.)

4 out of 10

Contributing factors

-construction team in the living room drilling the foundation.
-tooth jaw pain/discomfort and looming appointments
-mother
-father's visit soon
-sister and the conversation I need to have

I'm not trying to list everything just what is heavy on my mind right now or contributing

The 1 to 10 thing... I'm using the SUDs scale (subjective units of emotional distress) and the 1-10 standard physical pain scale and averaging the two. It is good practice to be apprised and be able to differentiate which is which and how that sets my base mood. Once apprised, with a rough list I can pick a couple and seek to take measures to improve the base point.

Mood 3 of 10. Commence "stop the slide".
Contributing factors:
  • Ongoing stress and confrontation about mom's dental care (resolved tentatively supposedly yesterday but remains to be seen).
  • Having "Call Steve, call steve, CALL STEVE" go off in my brain for about a month and being ignored by mister - Steve has PTSD and is an Iraq Vet - going through divorce and was in a slide. He lost his job day before yesterday. Mad at my mister, upset for a fellow PTSD and worried.
  • Allergic pain 8 of 10... okay 9. Maxed out my self imposed medications yesterday and couldn't get any pain relief.
  • Fatigued in a major way with the doings and communication with peer/friends but powered it out.
  • Went to tick of the next box and found that the optometrist had a stroke and the location hasn't had a replacement for the last 6 months. Referred but on investigation the only thing they could say 'round town was "she's nice". Uh not the kind of recommendation that we need, thanks. We want competency. When asked if she's competent, got bovine looks (asked 3 people all three people said the same thing and had no opinion or wasn't inclined to respond about "competency".
  • Project coordinator is buggin' the crap out of me but doesn't return callbacks in a timely manner. I'm not in a particular rush cuz I've got a price locked in. She is.
  • Pissed because mister slipped the date for Ripley's veterinary stuff AND it wasn't on the calendar or I would have done it. Have to wait til next month. NEED heartworm... no RX. Thanks a lot honey.
  • Mom woke me up in the middle of the night thinking she was late for dance class (which is today at 9:30 am).
  • Sat outside for an hour in 48 degree weather instead of freaked out and said something I'd regret.
  • Had an "ugly old lady moment with customer service and am not proud of myself when 3 idiots said "you can still buy glasses" and my cup runneth over.… I roared, "Who the heck would want to buy glasses without an eye exam? We all 3 need an exam and this is a supposed benefit of membership!!!" (not one of my lovelier moments and of course the cherry on top for a slide is always gonna be me being disappointed in my own behavior.)

Thanks I love this, so much like my life. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back