• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

North Africa, Sahara, S12 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaharaSon

MyPTSD Pro
I did not serve (officially) in the US armed services. But I served my country, and I am a US born, combat, wounded veteran of multiple engagements in North África, and former confined prisoner (of revolution). All of this as a kid. I provided active support for my dad who was engaged in Recon Intel for US armed services. Due to his work I (and mom) were exposed to very considerable risk. I was in one revolution, one war, and multiple riots and civil unrest. As a consequence I have PTSD, CPTSD (more common in children) and IED (Intermittant Explosive Disorder). I also have serious abandonment issues as a result of being left behind in country for months in an emergency situation, when my dad was badly injured. Dad was a US naval officer. Without specifying where, I have been on US base a hell of alot. I am not a stranger to US military at all. 12 years worth.

I have most, if not all of the typical symptoms exhibited by combat veterans, and then some, because it all went down when I was a kid. My brain, psyche, etc. were still developing. So I am stuck in developement in curtain areas. Like I am much less trusting of people than the average bear. My long term confinement with continuous threat of death is not unlike concentration camp víctims. I also gravitate to isolation. Just like other combat vets I have had a real hard time integrating into American society. Like many combat vets, close or continuous gunfire sends me to a very dark place. I am very angry deep inside which sometimes results in me tearing the hell out of something. Its like I'm hardwired to get things done quickly, like my life depends on it. Its a patience and frustration problem. Shalom.

Thanks. I haven't talked to anyone about these times ever. Neither did my dad, now he is gone. It helps to talk it out some as long as I don't live there. Shalom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back