• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Photography Club

I love this space. So grateful for the visuals and thoughts shared here. 💛 I hope you don't ever feel like you aren't a valuable being in this existence, because you are.

Grateful for the accessible, doable, nourishing, thriving, and tasty growth up in here - as well as the ongoing reminders that with all growth comes endless effort and a helluva lot of growing pains. Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark! 😐

I find, repeatedly, that the difference seems to lie in genuinely loving "it", usually. Loving the greenage makes it much more pleasurable to figure out how to grow it, and nurturing it, and feeding it, and weeding it, and harvesting it, and cleaning it, and cooking it, rinse and repeat, etc.. Been a greenage lover of many varieties from way back. lol 😍 Some new herb babies in da house:

View attachment 58916

Purposely grown dandelion greens in a pot that keep coming back much longer than I anticipated in this weirdly warm weather:

View attachment 58917

More pretty little red rock cabbage micros - they are sooooo delish, and so damn cute and colorful - the camera doesn't do them justice:

View attachment 58918

The ever growing seed collection that will hopefully provide more garden goodies when the time is right to plant them:

View attachment 58919

My first attempt at planting and establishing a handful of garlic plants seems to be working out so far (knock on wood until Spring time):

View attachment 58920
Nice work, Green Thumb!
I can't even grow weeds!

Snow on the east bench (the hillside) of the Salt Lake Valley.
IMG_5635.jpg

elk.jpg
This handsome fellow is the Thompson Elk. At 120 years old, the Thompson Elk was removed from his base in downtown Portland, Oregon and hidden by city officials after protester fires did damage to the granite base and fountain, underneath. The Thompson Elk was reportedly not permanently harmed but was stripped of graffiti 20-25 times during spring protests. Here, he is seen carrying a plastic face shield on an antler and wearing evidence of the pain of the city and the nation. This picture was taken on June 28th, 2020. The Thompson Elk was removed from Chapman Square early on July 2nd.

These were hard times for me. The Thompson Elk is downtown Portland. Going back to Chapman Square and seeing no elk was unsettling and sad. We were living 800-1000 feet from this statue at the time and we did not own a car. We saw the board-ups and damage every day. I am, and probably always will be, a Portland lover, so I think the damage bothered me a lot more than it bothered my husband. This elk being put into protective custody really stung.

Last edited:
View attachment 58937This handsome fellow is the Thompson Elk. At 120 years old, the Thompson Elk was removed from his base in downtown Portland, Oregon and hidden by city officials after protester fires did damage to the granite base and fountain, underneath. The Thompson Elk was reportedly not permanently harmed but was stripped of graffiti 20-25 times during spring protests. Here, he is seen carrying a plastic face shield on an antler and wearing evidence of the pain of the city and the nation. This picture was taken on June 28th, 2020. The Thompson Elk was removed from Chapman Square early on July 2nd.

These were hard times for me. The Thompson Elk is downtown Portland. Going back to Chapman Square and seeing no elk was unsettling and sad. We were living 800-1000 feet from this statue at the time and we did not own a car. We saw the board-ups and damage every day. I am, and probably always will be, a Portland lover, so I think the damage bothered me a lot more than it bothered my husband. This elk being put into protective custody really stung.
So sad people have to destroy things!

Back