• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Photography Club

Love those bird shots, @whiteraven !

The clouds were teasing me all day with the promise of rain - to no avail. At least the temps were a couple degrees cooler and the breeze a bit more consistent. It just doesn't feel the same to me when the grass is brown and crunchy underfoot. This whole season has felt "off" for many reasons.

This little baby grasshopper inspired me to go outside when I saw it resting on the garden hose right outside the window:

IMG_1902.JPG

I saw several hearts in these fluffy clouds - reminding me to keep nurturing my own:

IMG_1912.JPG

Please rain:

IMG_1914.JPG

Pretty please:

IMG_1926.JPG

One of my favorite "weeds" growing in the asparagus bed. It's called Lamb's Quarter (Chenopodium album L.), also known to foragers as wild spinach. It's quite a nutritional powerhouse and super tasty. I put it in smoothies, salads, and stir-frys. Last year, there was one that grew taller than me. Here's a link that explains much more detail, if you're interested:

IMG_1948.JPG

A thank you gift/swag we recently received from a favorite radio station who does a Grateful Dead show each Saturday morning - as if anyone knows what "normal" truly is - lol:

IMG_1964.JPG

This little baby blue-tailed skank was my sun bathing buddy this morning - this pic makes it look a lot bigger than it really was:

IMG_1970.JPG

Got a message to come pick up some beautiful lion's mane shroomage this afternoon, then grabbed a handful of purslane when I got back home to cook along with them 💛 - gourmet goodness right there:

IMG_1973.JPG

I took some more pictures but I left out the pumpkin, which is an orphan and came from the jack o lanterns I threw back there last fall. It’s huge and takes up the whole back corner of the yard, I’ll post some pictures if it ever stops raining.

7A81ED7B-790C-4881-AB4E-90FF05EFB007.jpeg
CFA6FFA1-09AF-4F48-9E77-73CB847D8DA9.jpeg
0F30A143-16D8-49D0-A7F7-E9916009B3D5.jpeg
88BA4486-DEE0-4989-8313-83048776276F.jpeg
The pattern of the seaweed shows the difference between the day and night hi tides the evening usually being slightly higher
4BA231A4-A52E-4B60-B3B0-188822080A83.jpeg
The pumpkin in the corner is growing like crazy. We just started watching the first season of Whalburgers and that shows where I live lol. We eat there (the first restaurant) a few times a year and they hold a fundraiser each year for the special needs community.

Back