• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Photography Club

CE398AAA-CC93-491F-8600-E96DBC441388.jpeg

4243854D-4BC9-4200-8957-C909049A793D.jpeg
B5361C4F-3DC9-4A84-8EC7-62FABAB133E1.jpeg
FF0EEC18-43C3-4B69-949E-7A58176CEA87.jpeg
F2CA9A73-B0B9-46DE-AB81-83312DEA01AC.jpeg
I’m determined to get some sunflower seeds this year. I’m experimenting with drying some out. There are 2 kinds here. The one on the bottom with the big white seeds are the edibles I think. The others have little black seeds. You can eat them they’re good but there’s not much meat in them .

A cicada I believe. I took it’s picture because we don’t see them here. This is probably the 2nd or 3rd time I’ve ever seen one. It’s big, about the size of my thumb.

I might be a cynic but the main characters in the story were concerned with eating as well. Eating each other that is. Looks like neither was on the menu. : )
It appears both the caterpillar and the grasshopper like the garden menu options more so than the graveyard ones or their fellow brethren. lol No wonder I feel so connected to them. 😄 They were doing some serious leaf munching. So then, of course, I had to look it up:

Today's pre-rain storm stroll views...

The whole dam fam, it appears...

IMG_2313.JPG

Just minding its own business, preparing to have a sugar fix...

IMG_2319.JPG

When outta nowhere, comes another thirsty hummer...

IMG_2321.JPG

One of my favorite salad additions, or just a snack - lambs quarter - provided freely by nature, yay...

IMG_2340.JPG

More free yumminess - wood sorrel...

IMG_2342.JPG

It just keeps getting tastier...

IMG_2384.JPG

Time to go clean and prep those free groceries while the rain makes it way to nourish some more...

IMG_2408.JPG

It appears both the caterpillar and the grasshopper like the garden menu options more so than the graveyard ones or their fellow brethren. lol No wonder I feel so connected to them. 😄 They were doing some serious leaf munching. So then, of course, I had to look it up:

Today's pre-rain storm stroll views...

The whole dam fam, it appears...

View attachment 60520

Just minding its own business, preparing to have a sugar fix...

View attachment 60521

When outta nowhere, comes another thirsty hummer...

View attachment 60522

One of my favorite salad additions, or just a snack - lambs quarter - provided freely by nature, yay...

View attachment 60523

More free yumminess - wood sorrel...

View attachment 60524

It just keeps getting tastier...

View attachment 60525

Time to go clean and prep those free groceries while the rain makes it way to nourish some more...

View attachment 60526
Well I’m eating my own heart out at your hummingbirds. I’m SO jealous!

Well I’m eating my own heart out at your hummingbirds. I’m SO jealous!
I wish I could send a couple your way, @Mach123 ! They are so entertaining, and so damn cute! I had no idea how vicious they could be towards each other. lol They sound like huge kamikaze bees as they swoop by my head trying to encourage the others to leave their sugar water the hell alone. lol I haven't found a nest yet, but hope to one day.

It's been a beautiful, albeit busy, day in the neighborhood today. This little caterpillar was having a great hair day, lol...

IMG_2429.JPG

A little moth chillin', and chewin', on a wild purslane leaf...

IMG_2450.JPG

Majorly trippy lightning storm arrived about 10 minutes after I took this pic, and lasted for a couple hours...

IMG_2465.JPG

Soon to be marinara sauce, and a few tomato sandwiches, compliments of a few seeds here and there...

IMG_2474.JPG

A little buck-a-roo enjoying the all-you-can-eat apple buffet under the apple tree...

IMG_2495.JPG

Family night in the 'hood...

IMG_2510.JPG

More garden yumminess getting prepped for marinara sauce...

IMG_2517.JPG

Indoor gardening on the counter top - mung bean sprouts...

IMG_2521.JPG

Our garden/yarden special blend greens powder - made with kale/spinach/collards/lettuce/wild plantain/dandelion/wild purslane/etc. greenage - to be added to smoothies, juices, soups, baked goods, etc., etc...

IMG_2524.JPG

12676586-D89F-43BA-9A0A-7E4412D22886.jpeg
So I filled this feeder 2 years and a second one in the backyard this year. I filled it for the last time (I thought) 2 days ago knowing I was to late and the hummingbirds were probably gone. I was on the porch when my daughters came home this afternoon and one flew up to the feeder and my daughter saw it too for a proof, because my wife, who had been telling me give up for a long while, wouldn’t have believed me! I just got those mums today and hung them. The remnants of Ida are going to come through tomorrow night and fall will be here. I am all astonishment. Knock me over with a hummingbird feather .

Hot damn, @Mach123 ! So glad you tried again. Yay! May they keep you entertained for a while longer before they move on. 😊 Nice sunflowers, too. 🌻 May you have an abundance of seedage.

Thank you, @Teasel . It's so therapeutic to take the camera for walks - grateful for the desire to do so and the momentum to do it again, and again. It feels good to share, too. Hope they days, and the peacocks, are being kind in your neck of the woods. 🦚 😁

Got the cards ready to drop off for the grandparents' day donations. Mom had taken inventory of each category and noted the numbers on the bag she kept them in. She had 54 blank cards, so that's how many I filled out to share. I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see them open and read them. So many feels arise when I think of nursing homes. May they brighten some otherwise gloomy days...

IMG_2632.JPG

Then I played with another deck of cards I recently acquired. Pick a scenario card, then pick an answer card. There are rules, but I haven't read them yet. lol I just enjoy the random picks to see what shows up...

IMG_2640.JPG

Back