• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Rolling Update Changes - End 01 May 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
alone-sad-abandoned-lady-crying-on-steps-in-dark_SYBDidaHo.jpg

Marginalization comes in many forms for some with PTSD. Having an avatar that represented ourselves in some manner, allowed a voice to emerge from within. So liberating after being silenced for so long.

Outside of that, many people are visually steered, for example to that of finding trauma diaries, etc by recognition of the now eliminated avatars. I am sorry but this is similiar to an certain gender muttering," The expenditure of curtains is not necessary for the beauty of the home." :clown:

There are a lot of women on this board that find this as a home base (away from home) avatars can be like comfort objects. As well, I had done mine in paint and did not keep a back-up as I thought perhaps...someone might ask before they just dumped it out.

Thank you for all that you do ...but not being warned was unkind.

As a phone only user, that's super needed so I don't have to scroll way back up to the top.
Sticky navigation, sure, makes further main navigation choices easy, however, you have "go to top" quick buttons that you can press, you have breadcrumbs top and bottom for forward / backward ease if you don't want to use your browser buttons.

Updated.
The tags are something that us premium members pay to have though
Tags where something every member had. Premium members had additional features -- not exclusive.

There will be permission changes coming. Please be patient. Features are not defined by premium membership -- available features are simply offered at a premium level to premium members. Features change ongoing.

Sorry that I have a ton of questions but when I went to go find my diary I found myself lost as I realized I found it previously by my avitar and reading through was rough.

This is really a suggestion but what about what many sites do for avitars, avitars that are made by the site (I am sure there are a ton one can grab for a site) and allow the member select from these pre-defined avitars. Yes, there could be more then one member with the same avitar but it is much easier then the way it is currently. I know chat will also be rough due to that, remembering when avitars were orginally taken out of chat.

Just a suggestion.

I am a desktop user and hated browsing the site on my phone, I only resorted to it when I had to share a desktop with my husband for a few months there or if I was away from home. May this will change.

So sorry my country has ruined avatars for people. There has to be an alternative though that allows for slightly more customization. There are a few people with similar names and sometimes avatars are the only way to keep from mistaking one user for another.

R.I.P tags I found them very handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back