1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This years update

Discussion in 'Administration' started by anthony, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Silently Watching Founder

Anonymous Forums

Now removed. Not to return in the upgrade.

Country Flags

Now removed. Not to return in the upgrade.

blackemerald1, Junebug and Nessa7 like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

Crowd Moderation Removed

No longer required for the new system.

blackemerald1 and EveHarrington like this.
  4. anthony

Article Transition

You will see a new forum at the footer of the site called articles. You can't post in this forum, disabled, whilst the transition process occurs. Once completed, replies will be enabled for members again.

5. anthony

Help Ticket Conversion

You may get alerts or other notifications that old help messages are created / moved, etc. Disregard, as this is part of a transition to the new forum system.

Edit: Now completed and ready for transition with only new tickets requiring conversion.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  6. anthony

As of right now, I have everything except one addon for staff that helps in moderated content identification. I'm looking into its availability as to whether I will wait or upgrade in the super near future.

Premium Upgrade

Let me preface this with -- paying premium members, DO NOT panic, you will be getting stuff.

Premium membership will be no more after the upgrade. Paying premium members will become Sponsors. Sponsors will get some special stuff, but the usergroup heirarchy will move to a primarily free system, based on post count instead of only being available to a premium group. Most of the features currently restricted to premium members will be available to all members as they progress in post count. They will be grouped accordingly, as you reach x posts, you get x features. Reach the next level, more features.

Sponsors are paying members who will get limited, yet super exclusive, features that will not be available freely. There will never be a lifetime sponsor, in essence, as you must be a paying member of that upgrade to get it.

What are the super exclusive features? Not telling just yet. Once I begin the upgrade I will reset all permissions, start from scratch and rebuild things into the new heirarchy. Once that is done, the exclusive features will be announced, paid premium members will be moved to the sponsors group and premium members will be disbanded as near all features will be freely available.

Muttly, blackemerald1, Sietz and 7 others like this.
  7. anthony

If all goes to plan, the update will occur mid year, being the time the last needed addon is ready for upgrade.

The test site will be closed soon, as I will begin the actual real upgrade on a dev server, completing things fully, ready for rollout here.

8. anthony

Premium Anonymous

Now removed as part of the readiness for upgrade.

blackemerald1 and joeylittle like this.
  9. anthony