• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Tips for coping when overly sensitive due to lack of sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fadeaway If you had Lyme disease, you’d know it. Actually you’d probably be in a wheelchair by now. I knew someone that had it, and didn’t follow through with treatments. She was bedridden for yrs, lost the ability to talk or do anything. She died this yr.

I suspect Fibromyalgia. If you can, see a Rheumatologist as they can diagnose you.... the only thing I’m not so sure about is the lack of sleep, although with PTSD that could be possible. I had insomnia for yrs, and yet later was diagnosed with Fibro. So who knows!?!?!?!

So acupunture can work for sleep, but you have to target it specifically in a treatment.
Its ok if you dont fall asleep with the needles.
I use mag glycinate (pure encapsulations) to relax my muscles. I was hit pretty hard with benzo withdraw and I get symptoms like muscle discomfort and this is relaxing.

I dont if a good white noise machine would help you with the snoring?

@She Cat You are probably right, it just comes up so much when I google my symptoms. That is why Dr.s tell you not to do that right? and the area I used to live in made a very big deal about Lymes. It was always in the news. Hiking trails were closed down on years it was bad. So that probably made me needlessly paranoid. I am sure local dr.s would have said something if it was suspected.

Anyways, I am pretty confident my hormones are playing a role in it. I went from a period ever two weeks, and now it hasn't stopped going on almost 3 weeks. They have tried two different types of controlling periods and the 1st didn't stop it from happening every two weeks so they tried a second one and my period hasn't stopped since. The joys of stress too.

@Fadeaway I’m not sure why a dr wouldn’t do a Lyme Titer on you if you have mentioned that as a child you were bitten by a tick??? Mine have done it when I’ve complained how tired I am. I was bitten by one a few yrs ago, and captured the little shit, they had me bring it to the lab for testing and then she did a Lyme titer on me.

I would ask Dr for a Lyme titer and mention Fibro. The test for that is pretty simple. You have to have 11 trigger points out of 18(if I remember correctly) It’s just pressing on certain parts of your body and getting a respnse from you as to the level of pain. Plus it’s history, symptoms, and throwing out other possibilities.

I was diagnosed 18 yrs ago. Back then my pain level was awful, sleep was all I wanted to do, but never felt rested it was fitful, brain fog, couldn’t think straight, couldn’t stand even having clothes on because some parts of my body felt like fire just having something rub on them. And then there was the emotional shit because of it...On and on with the symptoms.

Not that there is much they can do for you, except meds, which are serious shit and I wouldn’t do, but exercise did help back then. My body is too broken down now to do much more than work now, it at least I move everyday... it helps...

After a few years, it becomes clear that it's not Lyme. So, bitten by ticks on childhood? I wouldn't worry about Lyme. :)

I was bitten by a tick in the rainforests of Belieze several years ago, got a bad infection but it went away quickly. The reason we knew it wasn't Lyme? The symptoms were gone after seven days, and by two years later it wasn't obvious I had Lyme. Lyme gets obvious after a year or less :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back