• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Update-Therapy Referral For Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very very exhausted currently. I had my psych today. It went well. I'm starting to get a little more comfortable dealing with her. She upped my meds. Wants to make sure I'm stabilized on a higher dosage since I meet with my new trauma therapist on the 16th.

Must admit I am very nervous about all of this. I fought almost two years to get to this point. Here it is. All of it this month. I meet with the trauma therapist on the 16th. Then I have an interview for Team one on the 29th. I have to have therapy goals ready for that.

I'm very exhausted. I'm finally here and nervous as hell. Okay, scared out of my wits, I'll admit it. I'm not sure what to expect out of any of it. Glad at least I know what the psych appointments are all about.

I also have Matt's therapy starting back up this week, after X-mas holidays.

I am just so tired today.. *sigh*

bec

Seen my trauma therapist yesterday. I clicked with her! She is very nice, knowledgeable and I felt really comfortable with her. Luckily I kept a copy of my trauma list on my computer (I'm unable to even see mine on the forum) and gave her a copy of it. We talked about my history to this point, what I've been working on, my symptoms and what the process will be for therapy. We will work on safety right now. This will encompass both external and internal feelings of safety, coping skills, and an action plan for me. We will also hammer out how and when to contact her once we start working on the traumas, and who else should be on a contact list for me when it gets to be too much. I will see her once every two weeks for this aspect of the trauma. Once we start working on my trauma I will see her once a week. She really empathized that we are team and that I need to be comfortable with that. Also that my honesty is needed in order to make this work. She didn't feel I have an issue with that, but once trauma work starts it's common for clients to "back off" due to the increase in symptoms. She needs to know what my symptoms are doing in order to help me. She will also be working closely with my psych.

I am currently on a higher dose of Remeron in anticipation of the trauma therapy. I find it's really helping too. My symptoms are much more manageable right now. It's not helping me sleep, but I seem to be doing half assed okay on that anyways. (being really ill right now helps! lol I'm sleeping lots anyways!)

So although the very hard and painful work is quickly coming, I'm feeling very positive about it! I feel like everything is finally coming together for me. I've advocated hard to get here! :)

bec

I'm glad to hear your therapist understands that the work is hard, and is taking measures to prepare you and protect you for the worst of it. It feels like it lasts forever, but I'll attest that it does not! The worst will, eventually, be over. Hang tough, bec.

Bec.

I could not be happier for you. You've been through so much. Much more than I knew about untill now.

You have been here to help us and now it is our turn. Ask and ye shall receive. What ever we can do to help you, just yell. Any oe of us will be happy to listen. I do however have "1" request! Can I place a TO GO order for that "supermarket".

That place sounds incredible. What a blessing for you to finally have access to such a place. Guess this year IS going to be a good one. I heard someone on TV say that--some kind of psychic or something.

Hugs and prayer for you and Matt SMILES:) :) :) Grama-herc

Bec, I'm so glad to hear you got a therapist you feel good with. Coincidentally, my med nurse recently put me on Remeron also. I don't know if that or the increase in Clonazepam or the combination made the difference, but I can certainly tell there's a positive change for me anyway. I hope it all continues to help you, and I also hope you get over that cold/flu thing soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back