• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Us politics - read first post before comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah Sanders is required by law to provide the facts.
This is a lovely idea, really it is, but I looked and couldn't find that law anywhere anywhere. Can you point me in the right direction?

I heard her predecessor interviewed the other day. (He's got a book out, of course.) The interviewer asked him, point blank, if he thought he was obligated to correct presidential statements, when the president was clearly incorrect. He waffled a lot, but he said that he thought his job was to pass on what the president thought and said, as best he understood it, and that it wasn't his job to correct anything the president didn't specifically want him to correct. Honestly, I thought that was what his job was too. Which means we all need to fact check as best we can.

I'm not sure ANY of these people are required to tell the truth, unless they're under oath. For some jobs, you take an oath to uphold the Constitution etc, I'm not sure the press secretary even has to do that. I'd sure like to live in a world where they told us the truth, but that's not the way it actually works.

I read a lot of these “alt right” sites. On one of them a news article was linked and it described what I assume is a classified program, where contractors for our country have powers greater than what was dropped by Edward Snowden. Scary, Big Brother type powers.

I was warned about these powers something like 10 years ago by my abuser as a way of keeping me quiet. I saw my abuser’s company in the article, and the exact things he told me about. At the time, it seemed like BS, but I was very careful anyway, in case it was true. Now I know it was true, and he seems still involved in the government.

I can’t really talk about it because I can’t talk about the abuse. It makes me feel more isolated to hear people disregarding information (that I know is true) because they dislike our president. I can’t blame anyone for thinking it’s all conspiracy theories, because it’s not like I am opening MY mouth. Even this post feels dangerous to me, and I haven’t even really said anything.

None of us are as stupid as all of us...

My city is trying to pass a “clean air bill” banning (or at least taxing) ...wait for it... foreign. forest. fires. :banghead: Because, sure, either is totally possible. Canada isn’t like, a sovereign nation or anything. Your country is on fire! Make it stop! Or Pay us! Pay us now! We don’t like smokey air! Waaaaaaaaaaah waaah waaah.

FFS. It’s like the lady who wanted the Deer Crossing signs removed, because deer shouldn’t be crossing the highway at such a busy place. :facepalm: But on a massive scale.

The whole state wants to tax carbon emissions, which at least makes slightly more sense? But if you’re including natural disasters in that list you’re asking ravaged regions already short on resources to pony up even more cash, to pay a penalty??? The f*ck?

My city is trying to pass a “clean air bill” banning (or at least taxing) ...wait for it... foreign. forest. fires.

BWAA!!!! HAAHAAHAA!!!!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Oh my god. That's the greatest thing I've read in years! The collective IQ of the world just fell 10 points. ?

I can't breathe.... :roflmao:
My sides.... :hilarious:

@Friday if this gets passed, I promise to only blow to the south when I smoke a cigarette, for the sake of economic prosperity from your neighbours to the north. :roflmao: :hilarious:

None of us are as stupid as all of us...

My city is trying to pass a “clean air bill” banning (or at least taxing) ...wait for it... foreign. forest. fires.
@Friday hmmmm.... considering the smoke from the California fires has reached the east coast, whoever came up with that idea better hope the wind currents don't shift north and Canada picks up on that idea...

Canada picks up on that idea...
Nah, were all drowning in the smoke blowing in from the British Columbia interior. I don't think we could tell the difference between a burning Canadian forest or a burning American forest.

Besides. Our stupid f*cking government will just charge us for breathing it in.
$24 a mother f*cking pack!
f*ck you Canada and your nanny state horseshit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back