• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Us politics - read first post before comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set up the anti-“freeloader” United States. Tell me what that looks like if you don’t mind.[/QUO...
@Fionas74. If you are able bodied, and you receive government assistance, you must work. Even if you are cleaning up the nieghborhood. That is honourable work. If you don't work, you don't get any government assistance. The more you work, the more assistance you are eligible for, including educational assistance. That is, you are rewarded for working hard. We need to make all of our citizens productive members of society. No free rides for anyone who is not seriously handicaped. No double standards. Everyone is treated equally under the the color of law. If you paid into Social Security, you get what you paid in minus administrative costs. That is your money, you earned it. Nobody gets to sit on their *ss without paying a heavy price. Everyone has to pay their way in this world. :whistling:

We need to make all of our citizens productive members of society.

That is some ableist bullshit though.
You talk about productive members of society and musts and what not...
On a place people struggle with serious and daily suicidal ideation because they are not abled enough, or able to fit the ways they ARE abled in into the structure as it is?

Talk about double standards.

That is some ableist bullshit though.
You talk about productive members of society and musts and what not....
@Ronin. I have been suicidal, but I don't use that as an excuse for not trying to be as productive as I can be. There are no guarantees in this life (except death and taxes), Ronin. You just do the best you can do. I don't operate under the assumption that I will be unproductive in life. To me, that is enabling a disorder to rule your existance. :whistling:

There are no guarantees in this life (except death and taxes),
:hilarious::tup:

I agree on a general point of that, but make sounds to me a hell lot more problematic than assist in becoming, where productivity and standards are concerned. Unnecessarily forceful, as well. I usually hear the lets make people this and that talk out of mouths of people that do not care for the population one bit, but economic gaps widening for their own benefit... and since your prior comments were full of concerns about coerced work and slavery for one, I would gather that is not your goal?

@SaharaSon , I want to reply, but your comments deserve well thought it replies. As it happens, this is a busy time of year for me, and I haven't had time yet.

Two things. First, I'm definitely not a Marxist. My personal choice would be a society structured like what's described in the book of Acts.

Second, I think all this "growth" stuff contains the seeds of disaster. We've only got the one planet, at the moment. We were charged with taking care of it. I think that means the goal should he creating a society that's sustainable and works for everyone. I don't think bigger is always better. I think there's a such thing as "big enough". I totally believe evil exists and I don't think we'll see a day where everyone wants to play nice, but I also think "the greater good" is a valuable idea and we ought to look out for each other, as best we can.

:hilarious::tup:

I agree on a general point of that, but make sounds to me a hell lot more problem...
@Ronin. You are correct Ronin, I'm definitely not for forcing people to do things, particularly folks who are having serious problems. I am a strong believer in free will and freedom of the individual. That is why I don't like the government in my pockets. You are also correct that "help" is a better word to use instead of "make", particularly with regards to folks having to deal with physical and/or psyche problems, including me. :cool:

@SaharaSon , I want to reply, but your comments deserve well thought it replies. As...
@scout86. Well said Scout, I agree with you for the most part. I think sustainability is a healthy thing. I think helping people to become more into sustainability is a good thing. Its mainly about education. One thing I hate are GMOs. With a passion. As I write this note, I am having a serious immune reaction to GMO bread (which I didn't know at the time I bought it) from Pepperige Farm. I have been scratching for about twelve hours. :hilarious: We need to outlaw GMOs in our food supply. They s*ck! I'm also with you on controlled growth, that is why I don't like the tsunami of people coming across our borders. We can accept immigrants, but only at rate where they can be fully integrated into the country at a reasonable, and non disruptive rate. It is not productive for the country to have unbridled population growth.;)

@SaharaSon , I want to reply, but your comments deserve well thought it replies. As...
Hi @scout86:) Since you said it’s a really busy time for you, I wanted to find out the best I could about how you said “My personal choice would be a society structured like what’s described in the books of Acts” would look like. I found this website and wondering if this is possibly what a good explanation would be.
https://www.theologyofwork.org/new-testament/acts

I am not wanting a discussion with religious beliefs but only taking out what a society can use to help one another by your reference to the book of Acts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back