• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

What Is Your Subjective Units Of Distress (suds) Rating Right Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there such a thing as high suds without 'freaking out' (as they call it)? I normally don't freak out (though I've had my moments), but go the other direction (internally upset, externally quiet) the worse it is. Is anyone like that?
That to me is hypoarousal @Junebug, and yes I am like that, and have lost years of my life to being basically frozen and stuck.

I am shocked to find myself at a one (1), I have worked long and hard to heal and have done so to a great degree, I have come very far from the hell that I used to call my life. And I am basically a happy camper most of the time and enjoying my life despite living in poverty with physical and psychological injury....... Thanks God

A:2
B:0
C:10

B has happened rarely. It only ever lasts very briefly, and is nearly always at a time when I feel connected to nature in some way, or have pushed myself through some kind of physical exhertion until the endorphins have kicked in.

hypoarousal.. basically frozen and stuck

Thanks @Ms Spock , though I'm sorry you've had to go through that. :( Not sure that it is the same though, plenty of arousal just no reason for me to express it. Sort of like if you're angry, do you give yourself permission to express it or not? (But you're still angry). Idk, I don't think it was ever in my desire or best interests to express it, then it becomes why express it to be condemned (others) or alone (why bother). Just my weird-self, I guess.

:hug:

This morning, around 9. Now maybe 5. Something I notice lately is I have much less tolerance for not feeling right. Rather than just push through or dissociate, I have to do something to make it better as soon as I notice it. It's when what I feel needs to happen is not in my control that there is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back