• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

You Know You Have PTSD When...

When you think about contacting someone... pick up the phone... put it down convinced you're a burden to them... pick it back up because you miss them... put it back down because they're probably busy... pick it back up because maybe it might make their day... put it back down because you're not even sure if they really like you... pick it back up because you've already been isolating too long and you know humans require socialization at some point... put it back down because you'll probably freeze when they ask you a question anyway... pick it back up trying to do the opposite of your fear... put it back down because you can't believe you're taking this long to make the decision again... then give up and take a nap.

Maybe compromise @AMusingChickadee send a text :)
I even do that half the time when deciding to send a text! 😅 But yes in general I tend to prefer any kind of writing over calls or face-to-face. Gives me time to think of a response without anyone watching me or asking me questions on the spot, lol. I've found people don't like much me returning their call with a text. 🤦‍♀️

Back