• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

All I want to do is sleep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can relate to it being about frustration. I frequent the Internet and news sites from multiple sources. I had to get all angles of everything going on because of so much bias and animosity from one side or another. There is plenty to be thoroughly absorbed in going on in the world right now. It’s enough to obsess over and prevents sleep all together. I had to stop because it was getting out of control. I would go several days with just a few hours of sleep each night. With my workload, that is just crazy.

Between COVID-19, protest updates and keeping an eye on goings on in and around China, it is no wonder I could not sleep.

I had to just make myself stop. I made a conscious decision I would only read a couple of articles and maybe watch the local news. I made myself stay away from politics as well. That was about a month ago and I do believe my sleep has improved. But you are correct, boredom is an issue.

Perhaps limited time set aside for different things throughout the day is in order. This might curtail obsessing over any one thing.

Well, I just slept from 8AM till just almost 3PM, after having had a good night of sleep. All I've done today is take a shower, eat lunch and Sleep. I ate lunch at noon, didn't even cook it. Just ate it.

Oh, and I called the bank to see what my balance is. I hope to stay awake until bedtime now. I doubt I will be able to manage it though. I will try.

Well, I just slept from 8AM till just almost 3PM, after having had a good night of sleep. All I've done today is take a shower, eat lunch and Sleep. I ate lunch at noon, didn't even cook it. Just ate it.

Oh, and I called the bank to see what my balance is. I hope to stay awake until bedtime now. I doubt I will be able to manage it though. I will try.
well done for taking care of the simple things. Self care/eating/finances/sleeping. Sometimes this is all we can manage but you did it! Congrats.

Hi. Due to the fact that you don’t think you are able to stay awake, I’m wondering if it could be medical and not mental health/ptsd/depression or boredom related, particularly the sentence “I hope to stay awake until bedtime now. I doubt I will be able to manage it though.” brought that bit of alarm bell in my head.

I too have been oversleeping. Mine is due to low iron. (Found out a month ago.) It might be worth getting a blood test done to find out. If it is low iron, it’s easily fixable with iron pills. If it truly is boredom, try finding puzzles or something at home to complete. Or even look up crossword puzzles/word searches/sudoku online and print them out. Anyway, yeah, it could very well be a nutrition deficiency and not mental health related. Just wanted to put it out there.

(And I’m so glad that you are heeding the stay at home orders. Thank you. Stay safe.)

Last edited:
Could be dissociative. Sleep is a way of escaping. Lord knows, there is enough out there to want to escape from right now.

The only thing I find works for that is to keep my body moving. Yoga. Making bread, walking outside, cleaning the house, rearranging things, painting. Do you have some things that you can incorporate into your routine to keep your body moving and your mind engaged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back