• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Any recent experiences with cbc-t? (CBCT Cognitive-Behavioral Conjoint Therapy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking that you’re talking about Cognitive-Behavioral Conjoint Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (CBCT)?

Just checking that you’re talking about Cognitive-Behavioral Conjoint Therapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (CBCT)?

That is the one, thank you for the link.

I haven't but it sounds awesome. Please report back and tell us about it!
If we make to the therapy, after yesterday afternoon and this morning, it may already be too late. Ughh if we make it to and through the therapy i will keep y'all posted.

So a quick update, we were going strong with the therapy for 6 sessions, then life has really interupted.

Initial feedback is that it has been good for my wife. When we put in the work we reap the rewards, when life interferes we fall back to bad habits. It has helped my wife understande and my behavior better. On a really good week, I reached out to hold her hand while we were in the store (neither of us remember the last time I did that spontaneously.) Made it about 5 minutes before I was too uncomfortable having my hands taken up. Also it was my strong hand. Made me realize the light at the end of the tunnel may not be a freight train.

Apparently people bdo start to fall out around session 7 when it gets hard, we had to cancel a few appointments, however we had valid non avoidance reasons.

I'll post more as we go on. And like all therapy you get out what you put in, or for old time programmers GIGO

Update 2.

We got back into the course got a few more chapters done, then life hit again.

When we consciously apply the skills especially the communication skills, we do well. When we don't, we start to falter, and go back to old habits.

It has helped me possibly get closer to an index event, I'm not sure if I can really say one event over an almost 27 year military career is an index, but at least I think I can identify the straw that broke the camel's back.

I still recommend this couples therapy, one of the bast parts is that my wife has realized some of the things she thought I did because I hated her were not. And we both have started to own some of the self sabotage that we each have done to try to kill our marriage... Knowing is half the battle right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back