• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Are these signs of coming out of isolation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it common when u start coming out of isolation that u do not remembered what u discussed before u left being very symptomatic and u basically repeat everything that u discussed before u went into isolation as if it was new news?

It is. Being sympotmatic takes up a LARGE amount of mental space. There really is little room if any for anything else. Forgetting is common with me anyway and I would say many PTSDers as we have had threads about just that. So, forgetting that you've already told someone what's up with you isn't uncommon when sympomatic.

You handled it quite well!

At the end of the 15 min conversation of him repeating things we had already discussed...I mentioned that I was trying not to text him that often to let him be. Again he mentioned he like the check in texts and emojis ( mind u when he does not reply to everyone) and then he said it helps get him thru. Which I thought was interesting to hear and also points to him not really being able to communicate back sometimes. He also said that he is taking Ambien and falling asleep earlier. Last thing he said is he is staying with a friend but may need to go somewhere else because he has too much traffic (which implies too much human contact).

Also he said that he felt like he was about to have a nervous breakdown and then he said no he felt he did have one , and he did not want to go backwards with all of his therapy work and progress over the years. I think once he is not so symptomatic, I will mention he needs to start going back to his therapist because it sounds like with hearing all of u sufferers..it should be a lifelong thing that needs to happen to help keep symptoms manageable as best as possible.

I will mention he needs to start going back to his therapist because it sounds like with hearing all of u sufferers..it should be a lifelong thing that needs to happen to help keep symptoms manageable as best as possible

Therapy doesn't necessarly need to be life long. The coping strategies that you learn in therapy are. You learn how to apply those and then eventually you can apply them on your own without a therapist.

Therapy doesn't necessarly need to be life long. The coping strategies that you learn in therapy are. You learn how to apply those and then eventually you can apply them on your own without a therapist.
That makes sense. Thanks. I think he thought he had it under control and it seems like he had for years....and this latest episode is a shock and rocked him because he had been doing good with managing with his learned techniques. In all fairness to him, he had a LOT of unfortunate/stressful things happen within a 2 to 3 month stretch.

My BF called my phone but then hung up really quickly after the first ring. Wondering if he wanted to speak but hung the phone really quick realizing he was not able. Then a few minutes later I Received an out of the blue text from my BF saying “I am here. Always”. Again a very short text but this was the first somewhat “feeling” type message that I have received from here since he went into isolation. I replied basically that I am here too. Just wondering where his mind is right now? Sufferers are these the kind of thoughts that u have as u begin feeling more. Wondering if he is feeling some guilt because he has been available? Is he trying seek reassurance for me And give me reassurance?

Sufferers are these the kind of thoughts that u have as u begin feeling more. Wondering if he is feeling some guilt because he has been available? Is he trying seek reassurance for me And give me reassurance?

Anyone's guess really. We can't tell you what he's thinking. Maybe he hit the call button and meant the text button. I do that a lot and accidently calling the person when I meant to text them. Will hang my phone up right away as I didn't mean to call them to begin with and then will text them as I meant to.

I am here. Always. Is not really a feeling text. Just sounds like he is reassuring you that he is still alive and kicking. A check in text if you will. That's how I see it anyway. A feeling text to me is talking about feelings. That isn't really talking about feelings. But, just how I am taking it. Could be anyone's guess though. We can't know what's going on in his brain.

Anyone's guess really. We can't tell you what he's thinking. Maybe he hit the call button and meant the text button. I do that a lot and accidently calling the person when I meant to text them. Will hang my phone up right away as I didn't mean to call them to begin with and then will text them as I meant to.

I am here. Always. Is not really a feeling text. Just sounds like he is reassuring you that he is still alive and kicking. A check in text if you will. That's how I see it anyway. A feeling text to me is talking about feelings. That isn't really talking about feelings. But, just how I am taking it. Could be anyone's guess though. We can't know what's going on in his brain.

I agree we cannot really guess what is going on in his brain. But I just find it interesting trying to. Not sure if it was a check in text because he sent one of those about 2 hours earlier. This text was different then his typical check in texts he sends that primarily says hi and asks how I am.

I agree, it’s difficult to know - be careful not to fall into the trap of over analyzing his messages. I would agree that it sounds like he is just checking in. It is good he is still communicating!

I’ve learned not to dissect the interactions with my vet because it just made me anxious...also his mood changes quickly, so what can be true one minute is not the next. That’s just for me anyway, how I deal with it. I try not to overthink.

I think of it as stating a fact rather than expressing a Feeling. I don't really have guilt afterwards... It's just life. Sometimes I come out and baby steps, and sometimes I come out all at once. I've never really thought about it before but I think it's probably based on whatever drove me into isolation in the first place.

So he may want to just reassure you that he's still around but not ready to come back yet? It's a hard question to answer because it's such a personal thing. So you can look for patterns in people with PTSD, but there's really no way to see if those patterns apply to him

Honestly I would say any contact is good contact LOL

Ha!! I hear u about trying not to dissect....I will definitely try not to but me being analytical by nature makes that complicated. I do research for a living! ??. Fortunately guessing wrong does not make me anxious though.

I think of it as stating a fact rather than expressing a Feeling. I don't really have guilt afterwards... It's just life. Sometimes I come out and baby steps, and sometimes I come out all at once. I've never really thought about it before but I think it's probably based on whatever drove me into isolation in the first place.

So he may want to just reassure you that he's still around but not ready to come back yet? It's a hard question to answer because it's such a personal thing. So you can look for patterns in people with PTSD, but there's really no way to see if those patterns apply to him

Honestly I would say any contact is good contact LOL
. That makes sense. This is all so interesting with similar patterns. And I agree contact is definitely a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back