• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault Dealing with the Aftermath of Sexual Assault

B

Bias Days

Since I was 7, I have experienced sexual abuse and sexual assault and it has not stopped. I became self aware of the aftermath of it when I would hide my body and became afraid of speaking on sexual things. Still today, I have not gotten rid of the thought that I am dirty and used and alone. I have never told anyone because there is a part of me that believes it’ll do me more harm than good. I am tainted with the hands of those who did what they did. And the concept of love scares me. Of having kids. Of kissing someone. All of it scares me and I don’t know when it’ll stop.

Well done for sharing what you have. You’re part of a huge community of us who carry around undeserved shame about things that should never have been done to us as a child.

You deserve to heal from this, and have a life where you can enjoy healthy relationships.

Back