• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Depression and body aches

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the time. Ever since I was in my late thirties. I am now 70 and have age related aches and pains. But the more stressed I am, the more depressed I am, my body also pays a high price.

I am on pain meds for my back problems, but it doesn't touch the stress induced pain. My pain Doc just put me on Gabapetin and am really hoping it helps. I have also taken Klonopin to help with body pain.

Find a good Dr and hope they hear you and help you. Whether it's a combination of meds and other things. You will have to be honest with the Dr about your stress and depression. Are you on anything for depression?

Others may share relaxation, diet , etc. I've tried all that and nothing helps when I am depressed and stressed.

Hope you find something that works for you. Chronic pain wears us out while we are already too tired and stressed to maneuver thru life.

I know from my past that exercise helps. I have not been exercising and its gotten worse, but it does work. Also, telling someone who is depressed to go and exercise can feel like your being told to do the impossible. The better exercise I got, the less pain I use to have. Now Im older and have more issues including lung problems....seems unrealistic for me.

I often have one sided migraine with a pain that goes from the right eye, goes through the shoulder and goes until the hand. Pregabalin and Flunazirine have been helpful with this.

I'm battling a depression.. and sometimes my body hurts. Physically hurts. Randomly. Anyone else experience this? What helps?
Yes, they both go hand in hand for me. Sometimes it’s one that leads into the other. I was also told that pain is deep in the brain. Like a memory.
I would also have a physical. Just in case there’s an underlying issue going on. I went undiagnosed with a problem for a few yrs because I thought it was severe depression.

Also the stress attacks immunity and leaves place for loads of "opportunistic" infections. I get a lot of cystitis when I experience high levels of stress and have a weird eczema on the skull, fortunately well hidden by my hair but it’s painful and it appears after something stresses me out. Also did tend to have throat infections, sometimes life-threatening after any huge upsetting event. For this apart from trying to relax and to have symptomatic treatment I haven’t found a solution :-/

At my worst i do stretching. Alternative Ice and heat. I put on aromatherapy diffuser. Music. I had my dr prescribe a tens electrical impulse machine. It’s covered by insurance. At times it was only thing that helped with pain.
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation(TENS or TNS) is the use of electric current produced by a device to stimulate the nerves for therapeutic purposes.

I can't remember if you said you had have had a physical checkup. There might be a possibility you have Fibromyalgia. Many of us here have it. I do. It comes in cycles. Sometimes it only lasts for a few days, others, it seems like months. Hope you find some answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back