• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Poll Do You Collapse Under Stress?

Do You Collapse Under Stress?

• Yes, often.

Votes: 55 42.3%
  • Yes, sometimes.

Votes: 55 42.3%
  • Not anymore.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Never.

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't physically collapse, but I do mentally shut down. I'm like Skyp56.

Stress is a trigger but it makes me go into fight mode. I have lost my flight mode and now I just go straight to the fight mode.

I tend to collapse emotionally and sometimes physically under any kind of stress. Panic attacks and long periods of sleep or lack of sleep, lasting days sometimes, is the method I use for escape. It is a huge problem I face on an almost daily basis, since I find stress in things that I suspect "normal" people don't, like getting a bill or being out of kleenex.

Hi,

Year 2006 and 2007, when my ptsd completely took over me. I must've fainted at least over 20 times at home, inability to get out the bed 'cuz I was so dizzy and physically weak. Some days, I even have to crawled to go to the washroom. My hands and my body just wouldn't stop shaking. Then other times I would wash myself excessively in hopes of wash the evil taint away from my body. I even fainted just letting the dog out in the backyard. I no longer have those fainted episodes this year but I still have the dizzy spells.

I have had sudden extreamly (punch you in the face) fast onset of a panic attack a few times. It was really wierd and scarey. Once at work I was on the computer and I relised I did somethinig stupid wrong. And it was minor and fixable... But for some reason my brain freaked out and i saw just white. I picked my head up off my key bored and looked around to see if anyone saw me. No one did so i decided i need to walk around get some fresh air and some cold water. As I was walking I felt like i was sinking, shrinking, and falling all at the same time... it was wierd. So feeling like i was going to die i didnt know if i should call for help or what. So I try to reasure myself i wasnt dieing i called my husband and he talked to me till i calmed down. Afterwards i was exsausted and drained. Felt like i could sleep for days. It doesnt happen often, its just scary and wierd.

I voted on this poll sometime back, but didn't respond here. Yes, when under far too great of stressors, I often collapse emotionally and mentally. I sometimes collapse physically under likewise ... far too great of stressors and/or triggers, all simultaneous and continuing.

Also, I've been super ill with stress, exhaustion and with a desperate need for nourishment and physically feeling as if I'm going to die that very moment, if business and stressors keep hitting, and when I'm not able and/or allowed to rest and all while others haven't seemed to have noticed, that is until I'm down on the floor.

You know what though, I'm still not convinced that it all results solely from my Ptsd and stress. I once had a MRI that showed deterioration of the sheathing of my brain. When I read the results and letter that arrived for me, it read among other things: what I just stated, and possibly suggestive of MS we recommend that you have a lumbar puncture. ....Whatever.

Under any kind of stress, my mind starts to race, and this is what eventually wears me out. Did I say eventually? Sometimes quick quickly, actually.

I really wanted to make my first contribution to this site here, but am finding that collecting the words to write down is making my brain feel overloaded.

Finding this website and initially reading through some posts has activating my PTSD, but at the same time I feel strangely good. It might take me a while, but I'm sure no one will mind.

I think this is all I'm going to be able to squeak out for now, but I really look forward to "being helped" by you all here, and in turn being able to "help out" as well.

I can handle a lot of stress, as long as it isn't directly connected to me in an emotional way. If it is, I go through an internal meltdown. Everything shuts down.. or explodes. It depends on how raw the nerve is that gets hit.

I can get charged up and go work it off with hard physical labor, or stay inside and isolate myself. Then I have to force myself to get into a movie or a book. But once started I can wind down and start to relax and focus again.

Thanks all for continuing to respond to this poll. Much appreciated for the answers. My daughter is faring better these days, fewer collapses, though she still suffers them occasionally.

Jim.

I just physically collapsed with emotion and exhaustion relating to trauma for the first time today. It was SO scary. I'm used to physically collapsing from general exhaustion (I have an eating disorder), but not relating to trauma. I mentally shut down sometimes...
I put Yes, sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back