• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do you have E.S.P.? Or ....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t speak to actual ESP, but I’m extremely sensitive to people’s emotions and subtle cues around me. But through therapy, I’ve learned quite a bit of it has been wrong and more of a self protecting prediction thing my brain would do because of growing up in abuse.

Yes I see slightly into the future but I never see it till after. So funny this thread is here it just happened. It could be that I just put the possible outcomes together in my head but, not always. Sometimes I’m just like wow, I was just thinking about that and here it is.

I also used to hear my customers thinking about me, I was in business and Mrs so and so would start intruding in my thoughts, and I’d become more aware of her over a few days, then she’d call me.

I’d always laugh and say “I’ve been thinking about you”.

Yes, occasionally. Have had 'messages' just before two of my relatives died unexpectedly and another one about a relative's step - kid's death (again, unexpected). Other less serious things too. I used to shrug it off but the last relative's death was impossible to shrug off. Lots of odd things that I could not explain. I accept it now. I don't know if it is more like telepathy. Used to think death was the end but now I feel there's no way and it's just our body that's gone. I've not decided if that's comforting - or not - yet.

That's really interesting @Changing4Best . I'm glad you started this thread because the topic is very interesting. I forgot to add that recently I had read elsewhere people who are / were nurses saying they believed in this sort of thing since they took on that career. They'd had odd / unexplained experiences in their workplaces, you see. I like hearing other people's experiences of this :)

Hiiii!! I’m a newcomer to this community and as I read on your curiosity of ESP.. From what I’ve researched and read through my books on the following 4 main types of psychic senses:
Clairsentient: “Clear Feelings” it’s when you get tingling sensations on your skin or have those moments where you have sudden cold spinal shivers, and the most obvious goosebumps developing out of nowhere when you’re around certain person/people, places, or things. There were no change in temperatures, but the feelings you get when entering into a room that leaves you with an uncomfortable sense that some intense unknown conflict had just occurred prior to you arriving. You’ll feel it as “gut feelings,” and intuitive nudges.

Clairvoyant: “Clear Seeing” it’s when you could basically foreshadowing/foreseeing visual flashes of events happening which prove later turns out to be quite accurate. You’ll be able to visualize in your mind a whole story that’s being told to you whether through a written book or from somebody’s spoken words of an experience, and it’s like you were actually there experiencing their story through your own mental movie screen.

Clairaudient: “Clear hearing” it’s when you can hear sounds that are like ringing in your ear, but you don’t have the case or tinnitus. They’re able to have heightened awareness of what certain people in a distant room are talking, but you could already have an inkling of what was discussed. There might be instances where a person has a ~5 seconds long vibrational ringing in one of their ears without ever having any history of tinnitus issues. I’ve read that a person should take that moment to listen to what’s music is being heard since that could be help answer a question in your mind. Some people have said they’ve heard subtle words being whispered in their ear to answer whatever they’re seeking to know at the timer.

Claircognizant: “Clear knowing” it’s like a psychic sense of just knowing the perfect solution to help answer a question, in order to give people more clarity, yet the information that person gives was something that they had ever studied or knew about. I’ve believed that every human being on earth were born with an innate sense of psychic abilities and there’s actually scientific studies about this. These innate psychic abilities eventually fade away and become dormant due to the children blocking it out by the age of 6 yrs old. It’s due to their parents fearing and lecturing their kids that it’s inappropriate to say things like they have imaginary friends. Hopefully, I’ve helped you in some way on a topic that I’ve been interested in learning more about because I’ve been experiencing these ESP senses for awhile now, but didn’t want to be looked at as though I’m mental. My explantation above were some quick definitions over the 4 Clair psychic senses, but will require you to do more researching on your own. I’m posting this message pretty late in the night so please excuse me for having any questionable mistakes, such as grammar errors, or giving confusing examples. Hahah ENJOY!!!

I am glad this topic was brought up. About 2 weeks ago for some odd reason I did a google search about an ex boyfriend of mine from 35 years ago and he died in August 2019. I keep a diary and searched his name and sure enough may 2019 his name came up AND my belief that he was gay. Sure enough he was. This is only 1 incident of this type of stuff happening but it keeps happening a lot to me in terms of neighbors, long time ago friends...not sure what it is but it is...

Call it ESP or being a sensitive, or call it intuition, etc. Whatever we call it, It exists and to my mind, the reasons are probably more scientific than we realize.

I used to be able to tell who the person was calling on the phone by the "vibration" of the ring." I sometimes suddenly "know" things that I have no external way of knowing....it comes and goes, but it has been fairly consistent throughout my life.

I have had precognitive dreams where I dreamed of a tragedy that befell someone I had never met and 3 years later I met them and then tragedy struck. It was very specific information that I received thru the dream.

Still, my theory is that having to "know" what was going to happen next as a survival mechanism became an automatic way of behavior. Due to the many traumas that I suffered over a prolonged period of time. At least this is how I explain it for myself.

Most people don't believe in it until they experience it for themselves and there are many interpretations and theories, none of which I am able to prove or disprove.

I used to know things about people who were far away such as when a visitor was coming to see me and who that visitor was....but I have no way of explaining it.

Not a very satisfying answer I'm afraid, but when I think of all the times I needed to predict what was going to happen next...it makes some amount of sense...at least it does to me.

Call it ESP or being a sensitive, or call it intuition, etc. Whatever we call it, It exists and to my mind, the reasons are probably more scientific than we realize.

I used to be able to tell who the person was calling on the phone by the "vibration" of the ring." I sometimes suddenly "know" things that I have no external way of knowing....it comes and goes, but it has been fairly consistent throughout my life.

I have had precognitive dreams where I dreamed of a tragedy that befell someone I had never met and 3 years later I met them and then tragedy struck. It was very specific information that I received thru the dream.

Still, my theory is that having to "know" what was going to happen next as a survival mechanism became an automatic way of behavior. Due to the many traumas that I suffered over a prolonged period of time. At least this is how I explain it for myself.

Most people don't believe in it until they experience it for themselves and there are many interpretations and theories, none of which I am able to prove or disprove.

I used to know things about people who were far away such as when a visitor was coming to see me and who that visitor was....but I have no way of explaining it.

Not a very satisfying answer I'm afraid, but when I think of all the times I needed to predict what was going to happen next...it makes some amount of sense...at least it does to me.
i agree! I think that in this very “negative world” stuff like this is disbelieved. I personally find it fascinating and helpful.

After similar things have happened to me I’ve come to appreciate the fact that I am highly sensitive...as 20% of humans are and 20% of individual species.
The Highly Sensitive Person
One might call it ESP or just our brains taking in, and processing, more information than the other 80%. We feel the energies flowing around us more intensely.
It also makes us more sensitive to traumas in childhood and without the nurturing to deal with them at the time, can lead us into PTSD.

Whatever we call it, It exists and to my mind, the reasons are probably more scientific than we realize.

I've come to believe that it is all related to the physical energy surrounding and within us.

Very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back