• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Do you have maladaptive daydreaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is so huge for me still, it is impacting on my life, in that I am not present enough to live it. It is so all hypnotically encompassing!

I am more aware of it, and I am trying to be willing to change, and at times I am challenging it a lot!

Last edited:
Do you feel like you’re in a fog and at the same time see a clear view around you? I get that happening daily. Makes me very anxious when I can’t remember what just happened. Then it’s acid flowing through my veins.

This is my biggest struggle, and I need to get on top of this so I can complete my medication taper off (under medical supervision), I will have to work hard on this. I will break the back of this. I can do it. I can do it. I will do it. I will notice it as much as I need to, so I can be here now.

This morning I walked slowly and noticed my walking, instead of being in my head, and I had to keep coming back to the walking but I did it, and I slipped off, and I kept coming back. I kept coming back. My psychiatrist talks to me about challenging the obsessive thinking, and this is what I will do now. I walked and I walked to be grounded. I walked to be grounded. I was grounded for moments. I was grounded for moments.

I have to keep breaking through it to be back here now. It is really hard for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I walked an hour again this evening, slowly, in order to protect my knee, but walking to keep my exercise and movement up. I was in maladaptive daydreaming part of the walk, but I kept bringing myself back to have awareness of the way that I am walking, the way I am walking with my partner, to what my partner was saying, what the dog was sniffing, and how the dog was urinating, and that was a mindful movement exercise. I am attempting to take the exercises that I have learnt in The Alexander Technique into the other parts of my day, such as my walking. It was not easy and the intrusive maladaptiving daydreaming kept intruding, but I did a little bit better with it.

This is the next big challenge for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back