Dreading next session - I'm worried everything is being "brought to the surface" and I can't mask or continue daily life

Freddyt

MyPTSD Pro
I think it's mostly talk therapy with some cbt, at least for now. T has suggested the maximum allowed of 20 sessions because of the complexity of trauma. I must admit, I found the thought of 20 weeks to be quite daunting at first
(giggles....) That's what they told me too. Ends up after digging stuff up there were two complex events and so far something like 50 sessions, with no end in sight. They have been a mix since the reprocessing time for 45 year old events seems to be a little lengthly. So when reprocessing is heavy we do talk therapy....

But you need what you need to deal with it all. You will be surprised what you can be dealt with in therapy. Commit to what your doing and be as much part of your therapy and healing as you can be. That's all you can really do.

Being here is a big help too. I am always learning more about how to function better in my day to day life.

(giggles....) That's what they told me too. Ends up after digging stuff up there were two complex events and so far something like 50 sessions, with no end in sight. They have been a mix since the reprocessing time for 45 year old events seems to be a little lengthly. So when reprocessing is heavy we do talk therapy....

But you need what you need to deal with it all. You will be surprised what you can be dealt with in therapy. Commit to what your doing and be as much part of your therapy and healing as you can be. That's all you can really do.

Being here is a big help too. I am always learning more about how to function better in my day to day life.
I can absolutely appreciate that, and I'm sure many who go into any kind of therapy end up dealing with more than intended when they first went in! Let's face it, we've all got stuff.
Unfortunately I'm in the UK, and currently 20 is the absolute max I'll be entitled too. Wish I could go private really, but you know, robbing a bank is frowned upon 😉.

Totally get the commitment part, I'm putting everything I can into therapy. I don't do half arsed lol, it's all or nothing with me I'm afraid. Think that's why the ptsd symptoms only showing in recent years has really thrown me, because I worked so damm hard in therapy for this trauma years ago, so it's confusing, upsetting and frustrating knowing that even though I will do it, and will do everything I can to heal, this will be a difficult path. Guess I'm tired of it all really

Last edited by a moderator: