• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Research Exploring The Relationship Between Postnatal Depression, Childhood Trauma & Child Mental Health

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Madam,

I am a lecturer from Southampton Solent University. I’m very interested in a retrospective exploration of the influence of postnatal depression on child mental health and I am inviting you to take part in the study called “Exploring the relationship between Postnatal Depression, Childhood trauma and Child mental health”.

The aim of the study is to examine how individuals may be vulnerable to postnatal depression and the effects this may have on their children. Childhood trauma is a sensitive and difficult topic which will include issues such as sexual abuse, physical abuse and domestic violence. However, you will only be asked whether you experienced these with answers reflecting either Yes or No. If this is too distressing for you, please do not take part. Also, you do not need to have post-natal depression to take part. I hope to use the information from this study to further understand how some mothers may be vulnerable to post-natal depression and what the effects of this may be on their child’s mental health. This research may directly inform practice and the intention for this research is to publish an analysis of the anonymized data.

Who are we looking for to take part?

I am inviting all females who have been pregnant within the last 3 years and who are not currently pregnant to take in this study. Your participation will be anonymous; the only personal data you will be asked to share is your age and email address (this is so we can send you a debrief form containing supporting organizations and will be removed before any analysis). This study will ask you to complete 5 questionnaires which in total will take no longer than 20 minutes. You are free to omit any question or withdraw at any time.

It is essential to know that this letter is not to tell you to take part in this study. Your participation is voluntary and you can withdraw at any time before 23rd March without penalty or loss of benefit to yourself.

If you would like to get more information about this study, please contact me via private message: @Dr Mark M. Doyle. If you would like to take part in this study, please follow the link: https://educ.sphinxonline.net/v4/s/0rb8to

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Respectfully yours,

Dr. Mark M. Doyle (Chartered Psychologist)
Southampton Solent University

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Dr Mark
I note that in your title you have mis-spelled 'Trauma' and also you refer to the 23st rather than 23rd of March.
As a new member you probably do not have access to the edit button, so perhaps you could 'report' your own post and request that these are corrected if you wish to be treated seriously.

Kind regards
Lucy

If the results or a synopsis are made available, could you please update us? I'm very interested to see what progress is made in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back