• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Feedback wanted - diagnosed 8 years ago PTSD and bipolar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the words of wisdom Justmehere. Yes I will need to change my actions when things start to go south. Turn off tv and play with the dog instead or take a walk outside. I know that will help. I have to help myself.

On the bright side. I got calls back!! The Ethics Commission called about the report I left on the therapist and her supervisor, and about me running out of meds. They assured me that someone would look into how they would deal with the supervisor for inferring that I just wanted drugs. And told me I was right and should had been referred to the medicine Dr. at the beginning of therapy sessions. The lady was not particularly happy with how the supervisor handled me. She said the therapist is new (7 months) at the job but is still uncertain about the ins and outs. of the job... or so she excused. She also said the central supervisor of the clinic would call and set me with another therapist and an appt. with the medicine Dr. About 30 minutes after I hung up I got another call and was switched to different therapist in a different office and an appt to see the Dr. for medicine next Friday. And that supervisor was willing to have the med Dr. also call and refill what I am out of now, but I told her not to as I am already out I didn't want to get them and restart them and then possible be taken off them? Not to mention the expense. But things feel a little better now.. I feel the tension getting better. Stress is dropping. Phew. They said it took them so long to contact me because -one had double ear infection , and the other had pneumonia. over the holidays. Both calls were very polite and seemed very genuinely upset that I had been through this difficult time. If I drank I'd have a wine or something. I probably should start drinking.

Glad to hear your actions brought the desired outcome. And no, don't add drinking to the list of things you have 'undo'. But loved the comment!!!

Unfortunately, this is how things have to be done now in regard to any kind of medical care. But very happy to know things are moving in the right direction.

Update on meds and clinic Med Dr. , as well as a different clinic Counselor that I FINALLY got to see and get straightened out.

> I am seeing the Med Dr.- once a month so she can monitor how I am doing on the meds originally prescribed (not by her) as I has been low dosing to stretch for 4 months previous and was out of most of t hem. She added another one recently and wants to monitor that now also. So, for a bit she says she wants to see me every month. That is fine with me.
> I am seeing a new Counselor/Therapist and I like her so much better. She has like 30 years experience and I have had 3 sessions with her so far and feel comfortable so far. I have yelled at her for not understanding and/or playing the devils advocate. Put her in her place about what I won't hear. She has not read the earlier files completed by another Therapist I had used and just loved years before. She knew nothing. I don't think I like that.

On that note I have to say contacting the higher ups worked in my favor this time and the reaction was pretty swift. And oh gosh I feel so dang much better having someone to talk to.. Of course when I say talk to I mean virtually. They are going to miss a lot of cues this way. I really think that in cycles a person should be observed in whole person, mind and body has to be evaluated. As well as to have lab work completed because so many of the drugs they issue have such bad side effects.
I really should start a blog on how I am doing....oh boy...awful late..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back