• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Finally A Happy Face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea42

Confident
Hello Everyone,:biggrin:
Happy Holidays to all! I know it can be hard around this time a year but i hope you all made the best of it.
I just wanted to share what has been going on with me these past couple of weeks.:biggrin:
I have been very depressed because ever since my parents divorced i have not seen my dad at all (its been a few months) no calls, no visits... i took it very hard and became very sad and angry which did not help with my hubby at all. We would get into arguements because of it....
Everytime i go through things that are hard he goes through them with me and i have felt so bad about that.
DD is doing so much better :biggrin: He has been so great to me lately...and to a point it scares me but i am really enjoying it on top of that i am trying my best to be good to him as well like he deserves... i still slip at times but i really am trying. :)
He made my christmas so wonderful....Bough me a huge real xmas tree in which i have never had before so that made me very happy and he took me out to get it when i was having one of the worst days ever...yelling and screaming that i didnt want to live anymore. He huged me, picked me up off the floor and i didnt even have to get "beautiful" or anything:biggrin: We went shopping together, we decorated the tree together and i even had the honor of taking pictures with him and my beagles in front of the tree for xmas eve!!!! :)
He bought me a mini tree for the bedroom as well.... I just feel very happy at the moment and lucky to have such a great guy in my life I dont know how long this will last and i am afraid every day that he will go back to that stranger that i dont like or that i will screw things up again...but i have learned to take one day at a time and appreciate him while he is well.... He is looking to become a firefighter so i am trying my best to support him as much as i can :biggrin: without being such a brat...
He has been very caring, and lovable...he hugs and gives my kisses :) We cuddle at night and i sleep so much better now :) I even get very excited that he shaved and dressed so nice and even sat next to me at christmas dinner :) Its like getting a treat!! :)
He is an amazing person and he has done so much for me....i just wanted to share with everyone that he means the world to me. I want to say thank you to everyone for the amazing support and advice! Without you guys i would have been so lost..and i hope to help someone here....anyone... i know how hard this is and how horrible days or even life may seem....Yet Everyone here is amazing and i am glad we are here for each other. You are all in my prayers...

Thats great Andrea I hope things stay happy for you. Isnt it funny how excited we get when the nice caring guy comes out all be it only every now and then. Make the most of this great time and enjoy it!
Jen

Andrea that sounds wonderful!!! Big hugs and congrats. Sounds like you both are doing so much better! woo hoo!

Thanks so much guys!! :)
Jen, you are so right! lol It does become exciting when you are not used to spending time with the guy you love and all of a sudden there he is!! :) i knew he was still around :)

I am happy for you Andrea mine seems to be missing in action at the moment. Hopefully he will come out of this slump soon not just for me but himself!
Jen

Andrea, I can't tell you how happy I am for you both. :clap: Isn't it wonderful to see again the man you fell in love with (or even a part of him)? You two deserve this happiness after all you've been thru!! :wink:

Another Happy Face!

The police dept. made hubby return to work just before X-mas, as they were going to be working short. He had to work X-mas Eve. (He turns into the BIGGEST Grinch at X-mas because of all that he's seen on the job at X-mas.) We had plans to go out of state for X-mas, & he was kind of excited about that-- though I think he was more excited about leaving town & leaving X-mas encounters behind him.
His X-mas Eve Day shift was uneventful & almost behind him... 30mins before his shift ended he gets a call re: an overdose. (just perfect) So hubby shows up & there's not 1 OD but 2. (& he has to go to the hosp w/ them) 1 was DOA, the other still alive & lucky enough to get his stomach "pumped out". He'd taken 30 Lortab, 60 Xanax, & 90 Methadone. :naughty: Not enough to kill him, but enough to make him wish it had. (Treatment isn't pleasant.) But he lived!
Somehow this event seemed to restore hubby's faith in the holiday-- maybe because he felt he'd made it thru X-mas without multiple catastrophies? Whatever it was, I'm thankful for it. That day hubby made a 180 degree turn around. I had the 1st X-mas in 10yrs with a husband who was happy, warm, laughing, affectionate... this person was the man I fell in love with. It looks as though we got a X-mas miracle. :biggrin: That man is still here today-- not at 100%, but a far, far cry from the man he was before X-mas. I hope & pray this lasts, if only for a while, as it's showing him how much of life he was missing. I praise his efforts like crazy :clap: , but not so as to go overboard or so much as to make him self-conscious. I just thank him for trying. I still give him lots of room & don't place alot of expectations on him. He's been "gone" for soooo long that right now, this is enough. :biggrin:
Thanks for listening to our story.

oh tig what a success that is a real xmas gift I share your happiness - i feel your excitement even tho you might have to repress some of it. you do good girl - I admire your syaying power you are a model

ptsd spouse see if we cant send you a an accolade - seriously hope it lasts for you - you deserve it - you both do - happy 2007:clap:

Wow!

Thanks so much, Hannah! I'm still gonna take it 1 day at a time. it may not show here by some of the things I say, but I'm an eternal optimist with a heavy dose of realism thrown in! I'll keep givimg him space & all the other stuff... But it's sooo wonderful to see at least part of the man I fell in love with again! :kiss: :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back