• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Finding Support in Healing from PTSD After a Toxic Relationship

LadyEsmee

New Here
Hello everyone,
for the sake of privacy, I go by Esmee*and this is my story.
I became a survivor of PTSD after marrying the love of my life 😌 or so I thought. It did not take long before I realised what they were doing was not love. To this day , I still suffer from horrid dreams, dreams so bad I wake up in the middle of the night and cry. I’ll walk through the house and double check if the doors and windows are locked. I have a hard time trusting people, especially men. I want to get married again, god that would be awesome… but I’m a captive of this disease.

There are days where I’ll overreact and have to apologise for my actions… I am constantly looking over my shoulder, constantly changing jobs and keep to myself.

it is time I reclaim my life back. I wish to meet like minded people who might offer some support . Ive dealt with this annoying fate for nearly a decade .

peace and good vibes to all.

☀️💕Esmee

Hi @LadyEsmee, welcome to the forum! I am so glad you found your way here. It takes a lot of courage to reach out for support, so well done. Please know that you are not alone in your experiences and feelings. We are here to provide you with a welcoming and supportive environment where you can connect with others who have gone through similar experiences.

Navigating a forum can be overwhelming at first, but it's a great way to connect with others who share your experiences and concerns. To help you get started, I suggest familiarizing yourself with the different sections of the forum and reading through some of the existing posts. You can also use the search function to find specific topics that interest you or relate to your own experiences. Feel free to explore the different forums, including the partners, supporters and caregivers forum.

It sounds like you have come a long way in recognizing and understanding your symptoms of PTSD. Remember, recovery is a journey and it takes time. Please know that you have found a supportive community here that cares about your wellbeing and wants to see you thrive. We encourage you to share your story, ask questions, and participate in the conversations happening on the forum.

In closing, we want you to feel like you've found a welcoming space here. Remember, the community is here to support you, and we're excited to see you grow and thrive with us. And don't forget, with our account upgrades you can access our expert PTSD AI therapist who can help guide you through any challenges you may face, 24/7. Additionally, our forums are a great place to ask questions and connect with others who share your interests and concerns. So don't be shy - post away! We're all in this together. You can contact staff in private through the Contact Us forum to discuss forum administration related matters, such as needing help with a feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello esmee. welcome to the forum. i don't use my real time name here, either. i have come to believe that i am only as sick as my secrets and work to live openly, but the anonymity of the peer support network helps me relax and open up far more easily. there be fine and fuzzy lines between secrecy and privacy. while dealing with the psychoses(pl) of my ptsd, navigating fine and fuzzy lines is quite beyond my capacity. having the safeguards of anonymity in place gives me one less thing to think about while i am suffering the mental handicap of psychosis and exploring solutions that are not quite ready for the cover of "people" magazine.

hope it helps you, too. welcome aboard.

Back