• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Gift for t’s office. is this weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave my first therapist a plant to thank him for advocating for my son. He was fine with it. My present therapist has really strong boundaries. He never discusses his life outside of the office, so I assume gifts are a no no. He told me once that he saves all the five dollar bills that clients give him as a copay. Then his family does something fun with it. So now I pay my $25 copay with $5 bills.

Oh my I’ve thought of giving my T some dried bay leaves from my tree but the idea of over stepping professional boundaries completely freaks me out. She did say I was “fiercely independent”.......lol

@UnicornSightings Good, I'm glad to hear it.

I get nervous about doing things like this too. Though it is just because I have a hard time accepting gifts. I don't even like getting x-mas gifts. I tend to automatically assume everyone else is as awkward about it as I am. Lol

It wasn't a dumb question at all. I'm glad you asked it. Even "normies" like me need to hear the basics from time to time. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back