• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Group Therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Hodge - - therapists are paid to provide group referrals. I have most times been referred through my therapist. My first support group was not very good, but I met a friend there and I know he'll be my friend for life. What a gift to meet someone who is a support to me and I to him.

I just recently started a therapy group for both my PTSD and depression/anxiety, and I really didn't like it, but the therapist was good. I learned a tool from the session. The people in the group scared me, quite frankly, and annoyed me. However, sometimes you have to give it a couple of tries. If I don't like it after the second time then I will try another one. This group, though, was recommended through my clinical social worker. I would not ever go to a group not recommended by mental health coordinators again, because one time I tried a general support group advertised at a church and it was the kookiest group of people I'd ever experienced. I was running to my car afterwards, in the dark, hoping none of them would follow me home. What I'm saying is, be careful with groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back