• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Had Anyone Had To Deal With Nasty People?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Linda, yes I agree with you on that. Try and give them time and they may come around. If they see that you are happy and that your husband isn't cruel to you, then maybe they will except him. If not just try and live your life as best as you can without their blessing. You are happy and that's all that matters.
Take Care
Scott:hello:

Linda, I am glad your decision to change jobs worked for you, however I would have told management on the two idiots.

I deal with people who think it is funny that I get scared easy. But...I also explain to those people that I could hurt them. If you sneak up on me and come at me from out of no where, I can be violent. I have a move that I do to keep from hitting people and that is I bicycle with my legs in place, kind of like running in place and shriek. It keeps me from acting. My older son will try it occassionally, but he understands that he may take a hit. But....in the workplace I had one man, (a bible thumper at that) that got his jollies out of sneaking up on me or slamming my office door. He would laugh like hell that I would freak. I just considered him a mean, heartless bast#$% that was going to his hell when he dies. What a pity.

Scott, thing is that they do not need to see me happy. They want to see me married with a "proper man" :biggrin: Jose, my husband, does not meet the strickt criteria. He is a) Not a Jew; b) Colored; c) Uneducated; d) Has no manners; e) 18 years older than me f) Has strange and dangerous political believes.
Honestly, I do not care what other people tell about us. My mariage is _very_ happy, I wish everyone this level of happiness.:smile:

I know this is an ancient thread but I would rather post on an old thread than start a new one. Today, I had it with people who seem to only give a s*** about themselves and what they do to others. My tolerance for narcissists and for arrogant people and for just about a lot of people (not on here, of course) has just gotten me to not give a d*** any longer. I really don't feel like dealing with people when I have a friend of mine going through a divorce just like I had in my last one and needing to sell a lot of things that I no longer need. If people stop caring about me as a person, why should I give them my time? I guess I'm just fed up with people who are phony and need to take a hard look at myself and start making the correct decisions this time around.

With my friend's divorce, I was triggered a little because the same things happened to her as they did me and our exes went psychotic on us. I REFUSED to let her do this all alone even though I had no one to help me move and my ex took everything we owned including the car in both our names. There are priorities out there that need my attention (mostly myself) and I need to start with myself and just make a lot of changes without going through anything that will trigger me personally. To see my friend go through what I did is horrid!!!!! I'll be d***ed if I let her go through what I did. I'm not trying to save anyone, I'm trying to make sure my friend is safe and not have support while fixing myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for bringing this thread back up.

I used to have a very bad startle response and my family and friends would laugh at me and I just laughed along with them. But it also hurt my feelings and it did not occur to me that I had some responsibility to tell them how it hurt me.

I have a very minimal startle response nowadays. So it is not an issue for me and even normal people can get startled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back